Getting to St John from STT

Travel discussion for St. John
Joanne M

Getting to St John from STT

Post by Joanne M »

Can anyone tell me the best and least expensive way to get to St John from STT? Would you recommend a private service as compared to a public taxi?

Is it better to leave from Red Hook or Charlotte Amarlie ferry dock?

thanks all .... 51 more days!!!! :D
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I personaly like the
Charlotte ferry if the times work out but if I'm going to have to wait to long for it I'll take a taxi to red Hook
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

I have never taken the ferry from CA, but the ferry from Red Hook is a breeze. About a 20 min. boat ride to STJ. As for a taxi to Red Hook – don’t know. I always had my own wheels. Either way you go – the ride will be nice.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

fyi. this was posted on Frank Barnako's site

Ferry service reduced
The number of ferry runs between St. John and Charlotte Amalie is being cut to three a day. Normally, there are four. This month and next, ferries will depart the St. Thomas waterfront daily at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5:30 p.m., and from Cruz Bay at 7:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 3:45 p.m. There is no change in the hourly service, 6:30 a.m. to midnight between St. John and Red Hook.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We take the ferry from CA when we can. The ride to Red Hook is not very relaxing.

We have uses private taxi services, but they are about the same price as a VI Taxi Assocation ride. If you are traveling with less than a full load the VI Taxi may make some stops on the way to Red Hook.

On reduced CA ferry service, they reduced the number of runs during the slow season last year as well. I'm hoping its running mid-day by November 18 this year.

Cheers, RickG