Car Rentals

Travel discussion for St. John
JohnnyB

Car Rentals

Post by JohnnyB »

Last time we went to STT, we used taxis. This coming trip, we will be there for 10 days and were considering renting a car. My questions are: Is Budget the best place to rent a car, and would a smaller car work for one or two day trips to STJ? There is only two of us, so I don't need anything large, but I wonder if a jeep is the way to go. Any thoughts out there?
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

We like Dependable on STT. They are located off of the airport property so you don't pay the airport tax. For two people we prefer a jeep wrangler, but we are using it over on STJ where we think a 4WD is highly useful, not if a 4WD is as needed on STT or not.
Bob & Anita
vi_bound

Car Rental

Post by vi_bound »

We have been using Dependable Car Rental for years and have always been very happy with the service and the cars. This year we rented a Jeep for week one (St John) and a small sedan for week two (St Thomas). Getting on and off the ferry is much easier with a Jeep(if there IS an easy way to use the car barge). The small sedan worked out well for the two of us while on St. Thomas and it gives you a trunk to lock things in while you're shopping.