BVI web forum

Travel discussion for St. John
max2mc

BVI web forum

Post by max2mc »

Does anyone know of a BVI web forum that is similar to this one (I know it couldn't possibly be as good as this one). I have been searching and can't find a good one.

Thanks!!
Bill L.

Post by Bill L. »

Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Try www.traveltalkonline.com (TTOL). It's great and the BVI forum is one of the most active on TTOL.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Ditto the suggestion for the TTOL (BVI) forum. I don't think there is a question that those folks can't answer.
Going "home" again October 26th!
max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Thanks!!!!! :D
RickG

Post by RickG »

I generally follow TTOL when I'm getting ready for a BVI trip. There are a lot of sailors and the gang gets together for dinner in Tortola on occasion. It's not as chatty as VIOL.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jmq

Post by jmq »

Rick - TTOL has gotten a more tolerant of us landlubbers. Used to be a posting like which turnbuckle do you use when tacking into a following wind in 5 ft seas would get way more replies than what are best restaurants in Tortola.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
RickG

Post by RickG »

jmq wrote:Rick - TTOL has gotten a more tolerant of us landlubbers. Used to be a posting like which turnbuckle do you use when tacking into a following wind in 5 ft seas would get way more replies than what are best restaurants in Tortola.
Ya, we met up with some folks one year at Spaghetti Junction in Roadtown and hears "Your riding ferries between the islands? Are you insane? Your coming with us!!!" We saw the same folks throughout the islands and heard plenty of "Our anchorage sucked, I couldn't sleep, I had to check the anchors every hour." at the bar. That being said, I want to do a sail charter with a skipper in the next few years.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI