Missing STJ this year

Travel discussion for St. John
legal sticks

Missing STJ this year

Post by legal sticks »

I have been a fan of the old forum for many years. This post is my first post in the new registered forum.

Unfortunately, my wife and I will not be going to STJ this year for our anniversary. (For the past 5 years, we had gone to STJ in October to spend our anniversary.) Any suggestions about getting my STT/STJ fix other than the Web Cam and this forum?
Legal Sticks
madness

Post by madness »

I was at an art show this weekend and there was a photographer there. I noticed Trunk Bay and stopped to chat. He had a recording of the frogs! Now if you could get that, that would help. His web site is virginislandsphotography.com. He has some great shots. My husband and I were wed on St. John and we too go in October for our anniversary. This photographer will be down there the same time we are and I'm hoping to hook up with him and have our photo taken.

Google Earth is pretty cool too.

You could plan your next trip!
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I have a CD of the night sounds. Maybe that will help. :lol:
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

When I'm feeling down and out about not going to STJ I do one of two things. (1)I either go back in the archives and absorb myself in really old trip reports or (2) I stay away from the forum and get involved in a "home" project.

The feelings of sadness and emptiness are very real, not only are we a good source of travel info on this forum, but we can be a support group too!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :wink:

Jan (aka Charlie)
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Do you have copies of "Living Art" by Steve Simonsen and the St. John Beach Guide? You can buy them both through this site and they both have great photos of St. John. We like to look at them when we are missing the islands.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
legal sticks

Thank you for the replies!!!

Post by legal sticks »

Everyone:

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been away from the Board for a while because I did not want to see what I was going to miss. However, the call of the USVI is strong, and I am back again.

I will live through the trip reports this year. Again, I thank everyone for the kind responses, and it helped me to know that I was not alone in missing the USVI.
Legal Sticks