Country Music Fans Only, Please

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Country Music Fans Only, Please

Post by StJohnRuth »

I finally have an Ipod in the store (thanks Marcia & Pete for talking me into it, you were right and I know you're reading this...) and since my music tastes are pretty eclectic, more and more country music is creeping into my playlists.
Over and over again, I have people in the store say "Yea, country music, we haven't heard that in five days." I ask people if they brought CD's with them and most say they either 1) expected their villa to have CD's and/or 2) they figured there would be a country radio station.
I'm not sure about most villas, but friends of mine who own one say they stopped restocking their villa with CD's because they just kept disappearing.
There is no country radio station.
Ask your villa rental agent about Sirius Radio or if there is an Ipod docking station. Someday this will all be standard and consumer demand will make it happen faster. In the meantime, bring CD's or an Ipod and docking station. I have one that's really small from dlo.com.
See you on St. John!
-Ruth
Last edited by StJohnRuth on Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

At least I can tell Mr Xislandgirl that we HAVE to get an iPod before our trip so we can listen to country. :wink:
SarahD

Island iPods

Post by SarahD »

iPods are great! We brought ours on our last trip and also brought the FM receiver thingy. Worked great with the stereo that was in the villa. It was nice not lugging all those cds.

I had been worried about reception issues, but it wasn't a problem at all.

SarahD
StJohnRuth

Re: Island iPods

Post by StJohnRuth »

I forgot about the receiver - is that the "itrip"? That would work also, but I don't have one of those. Yet.
Since I posted this, I dashed off to another computer to try to make an A-VA-TAR. Upon my return, I find 42 views of my post regarding country music. I had NO IDEA there were so many country fans on this forum!
-Ruth
SarahD wrote:iPods are great! We brought ours on our last trip and also brought the FM receiver thingy. Worked great with the stereo that was in the villa. It was nice not lugging all those cds.

I had been worried about reception issues, but it wasn't a problem at all.

SarahD
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Hi Ruth, I'm not sure if the fm receiver is an iTrip. It's made by Belkin and you set it and your radio to an unoccupied station. It transmits the Ipod to that station and plays thru the speakers. I don't think many villas have docking stations yet and this turned out to be a cheap solution.

By the way, I'm not a big country music fan, but I do like the recent Emmy Lou Harris/Mark Knopfler cd, All the Road Running!

I read every post!

sarahD 8)
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

StJohnRuth wrote:I had NO IDEA there were so many country fans on this forum!
I could tell you a little something about country music fans...but I won't.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Cool...congrats on your new Ipod...I've been thinking about buying one for our trip to STJ. Or that's my reasoning anyway. Ha!! So now I know that I will need an Ipod and a docking station. Thanks for the heads-up!
Coden
pswlrw

Ipods and the villa stereo

Post by pswlrw »

Last April I brought a stereo connector and my ipod. You just plug it into the back of the villa's stereo system and your ipod plays. I bought the connector at Radio Shack for about $20.
Paula

chattycat

Post by chattycat »

I am in a TOTAL country music phase at the moment...earlier this year it was rap/hip hop, but I got tired of it, so right now its only country for me!! I really love all kinds of music---I HIGHLY recommend Sirius radio too...literally ANY kind of music you want is on there. Thanks for the info! :P
patr

Post by patr »

Hi Ruth,

We usually travel w/ a few favorite CD's. Most villas have a player.

Do people over 40 actually own an IPOD? All the people I know who have them are younger.

Call me ancient . . .
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Bandit wrote:

Too Funny!
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Xislandgirl wrote:
Bandit wrote:

Too Funny!
Have you been to Woody's lately? I tried to get them to play something else besides that Skinny Kenny but they wouldn't do it. :roll: :shock:
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

"Do people over 40 actually own an IPOD? All the people I know who have them are younger. "

Yes, even a 62 y.o. has one. :D
HughA

Re: Conutry Music Fans Only, Please

Post by HughA »

[ :D
Hi, Ruth,

We were in your store the other week and talked to you about the Ipod, we bought our IPOD down and used it in the Villa using a very simple RCA-jack cable from Radio Shack connected to the sound system in the house, in fact we sent a cable down to Carefree for them to install in the house for use by any other guests.

Bringing my Ipod with over 8,500 songs sure was easier than bringing 30+ CDs.

Love your new Store/Location

Best Wishes
Xislandgirl

Bandit!

Post by Xislandgirl »

It has been a few years since I have been to Woody's, long before the Kenny arrival :D but Happy Hour was always started with Shania.....I will take "Skinny" Kenny anyday :wink: