How's the weather??

Travel discussion for St. John
snorkelqueen

How's the weather??

Post by snorkelqueen »

Wow - it looks really cloudy on the webcam. Is a big storm coming in? I'm worried that the national weather service is calling for 60% chance of rain every day for weeks instead of the normal 30% which is just about perfect.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

OK – as my dear ole dad would say, “You can only get wet as far as the skin.”. So – you’re going to be on a tropical island in your bathing suit (most of the time) – so, does it matter if it rains a little. Camp out at the many bars and have a drink until it passes. Better yet, go snorkeling while it’s raining – you’re already wet. The only rule is – No water sports if it’s lighting. Just have fun.

If you really want to see the current weather – here is a link to the National Hurricane Center (must have link if you live in Florida) http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

On the left - Click on “radar”. Then click the dot for Puerto Rico. You will get the current radar image for PR and the USVI. Click on “loop” and you can see which way the stuff is moving.

Oh ya – the rest of the folks in the U.S. can see their weather too. Have a great time.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
JSL

Post by JSL »

No worries mon!

We are on STJ right now. Yesterday they called for 65 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. We didn't see any rain except for a few drops around 7 p.m.

It did get cloudy around 4 p.m. but I welcomed the break from the sun after being in it all afternoon.

Like FLAGeorge said ... lots of way to play in the rain!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I know this is somewhat of a threadjack here, but when I saw the topic, I though of this youtube video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DiQbVc_Ft1k

It's from The Family Guy and, if you have the mind of a 12-year old like I do, it's funny.
Bilter

Post by Bilter »

The site use for watching the weather in the islands is at stormcarib.com.... :D