Liamsaunt's Shrimp Scampi

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Liamsaunt's Shrimp Scampi

Post by California Girl »

Last night I attempted to make Liamsaunt's shrimp scampi recipe. I still need to do it again, to get it perfect, but I cannot believe how EXTRA YUMMY GOOD this is!!!

I used shrimp I had in the freezer (peeled, deveined, uncooked w/ tails on) but next time I will be getting fresh shrimp w/ no tails. I also think I didn't put in enough Basil. And because I only had 1 lb. of shrimp (recipe calls for 1-1/2 lb.) I had a little too much pasta. But man-oh-man... you have to try this!! You'd have to pay at least $30 - $40 at a restaurant on STJ for this dish, and it's super easy to make! If I can do it, I think just about anyone can do it!

I can't wait to try it again with all the right proportions.

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

yum! I'm making the one with coconut milk tonight with a few improvisations based on the stuff I have around!
California Girl

Yeah, Mary Beth, that one looks good too! Post a picture. I'll be trying out all of the recipes! :D
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I am doing the grilled shrimp tonight because I didn't get to the grocery store in time yesterday.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Here's the shrimp with coconut milk. I made some modifications based on what I had. I had less than I thought! LOL
Had no fish spice or cayenne so I used chipotle powder.
I added scallions and lemon grass to my milk. I removed the lemon grass before serving. Also used a little hot chili oil in the milk and when I served it.
Didn't have a jalapeno so I used some red pepper flakes. And lastly I chose arugula instead of bok choy. Served with a multi grained sourdough bread and a bottle of Kim Crawford Saviugnon Blanc. I must say this was a fabulous meal!

We even had candle light!

Pia

Post by Pia »

It looks soooooo good - I'm hungry now :)

Pia
California Girl

Mary Beth! That's beautiful! Ok, now I have to try that one! :D
SRT

Post by SRT »

Wow. Looks wonderful. Has this recipe been posted? I looked, but couldn't find it. Thanks SRT
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

What a beautiful-looking dinner! I like your additions to the recipe, too. I think I'll make that.
SRT

Post by SRT »

I found it!! Thanks liamsaunt. SRT
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

where can I find the shrimp recipe?
California Girl

Susan: Scroll down to the post "To Liamsaunt". The recipes are posted on the 2nd page. There are several shrimp recipes. :D
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Shrimp dinner coming up. Found it. Thanks
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I think you will enjoy it. We sure did. Oh and I did use light coconut milk. I had gotten a few cans at Trader Joe's having no idea what I would do with them. Now I know :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:25 pm.