I am tired of RUDE villa guests!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

I get what you're saying-- but no matter--nobody has the right to trash someone's place or steal. And no, I'm not rich either, far from it! But I will say, if I had a home on St. John, you can bet I would be living there, not renting it out!!! :P
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

As someone that knows Joe Jackson pretty well, I have one thing to say to you Jorge.

Don't encourage him :lol:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Jorge for "Vice" President! :twisted: :lol:
rockhill

Re: My two cents on this issue...

Post by rockhill »

Joe Jackson wrote:I can't feel sorry the villa owners. Sorry bout dat. If your villa's renting for 10 G's a week, you hadda pay in excess of a million bucks for the place. If that's so, you're in an income bracket that most, if not all, of us here can't relate to. And you probably overpaid for the property, so you're one of the main reasons that the majority of non-native people that live and work on St. J can't afford reasonable housing. And, that million dollar plus house isn't even your PRIMARY residence, so we must assume you've got another pricey chuck of real estate somewhere else. How many of us here can even afford ONE house, let alone a vacation pad on St. John? Quit yer bitchin', and tuff up. As Vito Corleone once said: 'This is the business you've chosen'. Nuff said. Stop the whinin' and start the dinin'...

How can you justify trashing someones property? Just because they are fortunate enough to own it, and other property, does not give anyone the right to destroy it. I can not afford to "own" a villa, and view the few grand rental as an affordable way to enjoy the luxury. If the norm becomes to trash a place, then those owners will remove the properties from the market, and "good" renters will suffer.
Joe
Joe Jackson

Justify what?

Post by Joe Jackson »

Reread my post - I didn't say anything that justifies the acts of morons. By the way - HIYA DEEDEE! Great to hear from you - where are you these days?

Joe
hawksnestbay

Well then, Joe Jackson, what did you mean?

Post by hawksnestbay »

Here is your Post-
"can't feel sorry the villa owners. Sorry bout dat. If your villa's renting for 10 G's a week, you hadda pay in excess of a million bucks for the place. If that's so, you're in an income bracket that most, if not all, of us here can't relate to. And you probably overpaid for the property, so you're one of the main reasons that the majority of non-native people that live and work on St. J can't afford reasonable housing."
What kind of twisted pretzel logic is that? Didn't the person who "overpaid" for their property buy it from someone who benefitted? and pay taxes to the island for sevices such as schools that they do not use?

You continue-
"And, that million dollar plus house isn't even your PRIMARY residence, so we must assume you've got another pricey chuck of real estate somewhere else. How many of us here can even afford ONE house, let alone a vacation pad on St. John? Quit yer bitchin', and tuff up."

That would seem to imply that the villa owner, because that they might be more successful than you, is not allowed to be suprised at how badly some people will act.

"As Vito Corleone once said: 'This is the business you've chosen'. Nuff said. Stop the whinin' and start the dinin'..."

My guess is that were the sitution reversed, your outrage would be heard from Red Hook NJ to Red Hook USVI.

Bad Behavior knows no financial boundary, and should not be tolerated because the object of the behavior is perceived to have more than the offender.
Palmtrees

Post by Palmtrees »

I've put off offering my two cents on this topic for a few weeks now, but since it is still active please allow me to chip in.

First, they are "CUSTOMERS", not "GUESTS". Guests are people who get to stay in your house for free. You have entered into a business transaction with these people and you can not expect the same type of consideration from them as you would of friends or relatives. On the other hand, there is absolutely no place for malicious behavior, but simple carelessness is to be expected.

Second, I'm sure that you do get repaid for this type of expense every year when you file your taxes. As primarily an income producing property there is that item of depreciation you allow yourself every year. That depreciation is not simply the gift of all other taxpayers to you, it is to provide for just those things you complain so loudly about. So is the writeoff for pool service, painting, managerial companies and handymen. Please don't have us believe you are not taking every benefit you can to minimize your overhead expenses.

Finally, if there are things that are so precious to you in your island home lock them up! If there are so many things in this category that you can't secure them at the house, get a storage unit. If they are irreplaceable they have no business at your business, take them home.

Remember, bend with the breezes, you'll be a lot happier.

Palmtrees
Joe Jackson

Responding to HawksNestBay...

Post by Joe Jackson »

Although I know I'm spinning my wheels.

1) A developer from Plymouth Mass. is gonna tell me how wrong I might be? Please. You people keep re-electing Ted Kennedy and rooting for the Red Sox for goodness sakes. Talk about pretzel logic.

2) The message in my reply was simply for the Villa owner to suck it up and stop whining. Palmtrees nailed it in the Reply after yours...

3) Red Hook is in Brooklyn, not NJ. :roll:
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Joe: My guess he meant Red Bank, NJ :?:
Well said Palmtrees!
Let's hope this ends it all! :lol: