How Is everone?

Travel discussion for St. John
Rhumboogie

How Is everone?

Post by Rhumboogie »

I was just cruising through the net and I saw this site and said Damn I need to register for this. I used to live in St. John in the late 80's and early 90's and I miss it so much. I have been trying to get back on a permanent basis for the last few years. I know that alot of things have changed since I was there last. That was 2 years ago and I spent most of my time at Skinney Legs. Sorry to hear of your loss. But I had one hell of a time and I from time to time will be searching for info on things such as Jobs, places to live, and other things. Any info that anybody can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you all and have a beautiful day in paradise Rhumboogie 8)
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye"-Antoine de St. Exupery
Mango

Post by Mango »

Check out the relocation forum on this site for more info.
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Hey Rhumboogie! Glad you found the site. Hope you find good information and once you move back to the islands we're all going to ask you a million questions :wink:
Joe Jackson

St John in the late 80's

Post by Joe Jackson »

Hiya RumBoogie -

The late 80's (pre- and post- Hugo where the best of times on St. J. I moved to St. J for good two weeks after Hugo. Lotsa fun, great people, fewer troubles. Did we know each other?

Joe
Rhumboogie

Post by Rhumboogie »

Hey Joe whaddya know! It's damn possible. I spent most of my time at Larry's landing Drinkin pour your own. Also at Cafe' Coma (Roma),Lotta collatas, World party,and the little bar at Tamerind. I lived on a sailbaot out in the bay. But the ferrys and the seaplane made me move. On of my favorite hang outs was the Kite Bar on the cliff. So yes it is very possible we had a cocktail or twelve at the time. Hey thanks for the reply. What made ya leave? Well be cool and have a fine weekend.
Rhumboogie
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;what is essential is invisible to the eye"-Antoine de St. Exupery