Guitars, tiki bars & a whole lotta love!

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Guitars, tiki bars & a whole lotta love!

Post by California Girl »

Ok, so I was never really a country fan, but nothintolose got me hooked on Kenny Chesney's "Be As You Are", which I'm listening to at work right now. What I want to know is why does this CD just do it for me? Not many other things put me in the island frame of mind like Kenny's songs. Only 2 more hours of work and then I'm joining RickG in a long-distance happy hour! Where's my Painkiller?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I listen to the same CD on my i-pod almost every night before I go to sleep. How sad is that.

To answer your question, I guess it's because we can relate to and visualize what he sings about.
Chris V

Post by Chris V »

The wife says Kenny is NOT country he is Island Music.
Its all good!
Image/e/st+john+2010/k/d903/event.png"></a>
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Has she heard "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy". That is NOT island music, but he's pretty darn sexy when he sings it. (Stupid song, though)
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

That CD is in my car and surely takes me to where I really wanna be (only in my mind though). There are so many familiar things that we can relate to and that we get as lovers of STJ. It can really sooth me when the work day hasn't been so kind. Enjoy your Painkillers. Bottoms up!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Cypressgirl talked me into that CD and I love it too!
My kid's don't like it and my husband thinks it's too mellow.
Funny thing though, he has put in on the last 2 times without me telling him. Maybe there is still hope for him to become addicted to STJ too... :D
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

now you're talking my language.........that CD always takes me right to the islands and puts me in a great frame of mind. It's my all-time favorite CD ever and I could listen to it over and over and over!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

It's because Kenny's livin' MY DREAM of floating around the caribbean with home base being St. John!
you can hear in the music that Kennys in St.John,even if it's not physically at all times.
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

I'm going to see Kenny on Friday... I even bought a neat sheet today to sit on before the concert starts (we have lawn seats) and I laughed and thought of you all!
JT

Post by JT »

I think my pc has got a virus. I love the islands.I love reggae. I run a John Deere,for money,[ it ain't always too damned sexy]. I love country music. In the 60's I hated bubble gum music. I hate "Bubba Gum" music now, but if yawl like it, good for you. Personally, I find it pretty darned sappy. I lreally like XM's X-Country
and I gotta say, I've never heard ol' KC on that station.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
California Girl

JT - Maybe ChrisV's wife is right then :lol:

I now like other country music... not a lot of it, but I like it more all the time. Big & Rich, Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Sara Evans, & Faith Hill are on my iPod :D
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

CG........I am pretty picky about my country music. Have you heard much of Keith Urban or Rascal Flatts??
They are not very "honkey tonk". That's what I really don't like. If you're not very familiar, you might want to give them a listen.
California Girl

Guess I'll have to check out Keith & Rascal... you're not the first person to tell me I'd like them! :)
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I saw Keith up close and personal and I think Nicole's a very lucky woman.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

cypressgirl wrote:I saw Keith up close and personal and I think Nicole's a very lucky woman.
OMG! Yes!! That is one FINE honey! I'll take Keith over KC any day!!! He drips sexy!