whistling cay snorkeling??

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

whistling cay snorkeling??

Post by parafins »

Has anyone visited and snorkeled Whistling cay?I know that there is a old building on the southeast corner of the cay.I'm not sure if snorkeling there is all that great.On the northwest corner I here that snorkeling is pretty good.When I was there in June I so wanted to visit,but we just ran out of time.One nice thing about STJ- after 4 trips there we still have not seen all the jewels of that wonderfull island!Any tips or pics. are welcomed.Good day! Parafins....
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

The snorkeling is good there, not on the side where the old building is, but on the Frances Bay side of Whistling Cay. Been there many times!!
Eric on St John

Post by Eric on St John »

Well to me, the Frances Bay side & the side with the building are the same side.....

But, its worth a dinghy stop on a calm day and personally I like the circumnavigation. gives you all different kinds ofsnorkeling. If you are into that kind of snorkeling tho, you might try Carvel Rock instead...easier to swim around and more dramatic....or you can easily do both on a half day dinghy rental....but think calm day...
Eric on St John
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself very well.... thanks Eric!

The place I think that is so good is the shore in from the overnight moorings furthest out in Frances.