Back from the Island - Sort Of

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

Back from the Island - Sort Of

Post by FlaGeorge »

Well - we just got back from the island - unfortunately, it was not STJ. This is a little off topic but a nice island get-a-way all the same.

The wife and I needed a very well deserved island get-a-way and STJ was not in the budget - so we decided to hit one of the local islands right in our own backyard - Sanibel Island.

It's a great island that reminded us of STJ in many ways. We also found a great little resort that is right on the beach.

If any of you would like info on the island or the resort - feel free to PM me and I will be happy to tell you all about it.

Now - Back to our regularly scheduled Virgin Islands Forum.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

good for you George and Steph! That's a place I've always wanted to visit. Glad you had the chance to get there.
mia

Post by mia »

FlaGeorge,
Glad you two were able to get away for some much deserved R&R. :) ...mia
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Glad to hear that you got a much deserved island get-a-way. And Sanibel is such a nice little island. Have been there two times, but only as day trips. Wish I had an island like that close from home.
Last edited by Maggy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patrish

Post by Patrish »

hi George, Nothing like getting away from it all with someone you love. I'd love to hear more about Sanibel!
~Patti~
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Fla George, I got your pm, thank you. Tried to reply but hit delete instead. It's been one of those days!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Only 3 more weeks until I get to go to my favorite island off the coast of Florida. I can't wait!! 8)

Glad you two were able to get away and chill, that is a very important thing to do!! :D :D
Coden
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Glad to hear you and FlaSteph got a little time away just for yourselves! If you can't get to St. John, I can't think of a much better place than Sanibel Island. Hope you got some good seashells! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:52 am.