Need Deep Sea Fishing Recommendations

Travel discussion for St. John
cuddles

Need Deep Sea Fishing Recommendations

Post by cuddles »

We were wondering if anyone has done deep sea fishing during your visits. We are not interested in trophy fishing. We are hoping to turn a fun day of fishing into a couple of days dinner.

We will be staying in the Chocolate Hole area on St. John and I am thinking there would be around 6 people from our group who would like to go.

Who have you had good experiences with... or not?
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I always recommend my good friend and former neighbor Captain Jonathan of Doubleheader. They run out of Sapphire Beach but will come and pick you up I am sure. Check their website and give them a call.

http://www.doubleheadersportfishing.net/

BTW - if you want to keep all the fish, I am pretty sure you will have to pay extra. I think the deal is usually you get enough for a meal, but the captain gets the fish - I think they all run it that way - so inquire ahead.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I have to agree Doubleheader is the way to go we have fished with them twice in the last year had a great time and cuaght alot of fish. Be sure to tell the you want to catch numbers of fish and would like some to eat it will help them make up there mind where to fish. I think we took 5 or 6 kiing and spanish makerl last time back to the villa and our group of 8 eat three meals off of them. We probaly caught about 40 fish in the 4 hour trip. Where are you staying in Chocolate hole we stay at Cygnus.

Waterguy
cuddles

Post by cuddles »

Thank for the recommendation! :D Sounds as if Doubleheader is just what we need. I'll talk to the others in our group and give Doubleheader a call.

We'll be staying at Inn Paradise near the end of October. Never been there before but it seems nice.

25 days and counting!!!