Seawatch or Palm Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
nothintolose

Seawatch or Palm Villa

Post by nothintolose »

Okay - we have narrowed it down for one reason or another to Palm Villa or Seawatch on Gift Hill.

I have actually been in Palm Villa (forgot I had till a friend reminded me they stayed there our first trip to STJ) and have talked alot to Jan (aka Charlie) about it and read the reviews.

There is not alot out there about Seawatch which looks very similar but is less expensive and has a hot tub as well as a pool (not that the hot tub matters). I think I read one review from another forum.

Does anyone have any input on either of the two villas or both? Has anyone ever seen where Seawatch is? Especially in relation to Palm Villa?

Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
nothintolose
papabou

palm/seawatch

Post by papabou »

while we have never been in palm or seawatch, we have stayed twice at cloud 9 thta is between them and visited plumeria that is above. as you come down road into gifft hill est from mainroad (rd from south shore to centerline) coconuts is ist to your left, then pl;umeria is to your left, a drive to left leads to palm (left of that drive) and cloud 9, and seawatch is on a slight knoll to right and above c9. while you can see each villa from rd/drive, each is very private. views should be great from both aas they are from c9 and plumeria. i prefer straight layout of palm and c9 vs u shape of seawatcha nd other 2. seawatch has a gazebo that is great for bright afternoons and the occassional shower. palm a large beach umbrella per pics i've seen.

if 2 bedrooms are enough, you should be happy with seawatch, beware the 3rd br is loft and no ac there in palm or seawatch(c9 had ac in great house/loft).

we love gifft hill and look forward to a return.

papabou
RickG

Post by RickG »

I spoke to a rental agent in 2003 about Palm Villa. I like the setting and location. I was warned that it was in need of a renovation. No first hand knowledge, but it would be worth bringing up with the agency. We went with Jazz Villa instead and enjoyed our stay.

Cheers, RickG
princdata

Another voice for cloud nine

Post by princdata »

We too have stayed at Cloud 9. If you google it you will find the owners web site. This is an owner managed villa. All three (cloud 9, Seawatch, Palm) are virtually identical.

Cloud 9 has a nice hot tub too. It also has a Gazebo that provides shade in the afternoon. Palm does not. Not sure about Seawatch.

They also run 20% to 30% discounts from time to time.

You will love the location no matter which villa you choose.
Enjoy!
Doug
benchill

Post by benchill »

Drove down Gifft Hill on Saturday. Palm Villa is for sure undergoing some work right now. There were crates and crates of "stuff" inside and outside the villa. Some kind of building material. Looks like some renovations are underway now.

Was also in Cloud Nine as well. The view is incredible, the house nice. Not ultra luxurious, but all rooms are air conditioned, nice little pool and hot tub. Rates in the off season are very good.

Here is the website
http://www.cloud9villas.com/Cloud_Nine/index.htm?102,71
The rental person that you will talk to is Marcy Appel and she is very commited to making you feel welcome.
Ina

Post by Ina »

we also stayed at Cloud9. I have a lot of photo's of the inside, outside and view.

Not ultra luxurious but Marcy is great and the view unsurpassed.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Thanks everyone for all of your info! We have booked Seawatch - mainly for price - would rather spend the extra bucks on a day trip or more caribs and painkillers :wink:

Thanks again,
nothintolose