Need a villa near Inn Paradise

Travel discussion for St. John
cuddles

Need a villa near Inn Paradise

Post by cuddles »

We booked Inn Paradise near the end of October. Friends of ours are looking for a villa to rent near us (on Chocolate Hole). Must be at least 3 air conditioned bedrooms. Pool and hot tub preferred. Any suggestions?

There probably isn't any map that shows all villas in that area. :|
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

Hey There,
You could check Villa Catalina and Mar De Amores. We've stayed at both and enjoyed them very much. Both are attractively built in a Spanish style.
They are both Chocolate Hole Hillside, from the view I believe Catalina is pretty near to Inn Paradise. They both look like they have late October availability, and both are in the same price range as Inn Paradise.
Both have pools, neither has a hot tub.
Catalina has 2 equally very nice masters on the main floor and a third downstairs accessed by outside stairs. We did not use the downstairs bedroom or go in it, but it is definitely not equal to the two masters. It has 2 twin beds, I would assume could be converted to a king, and a private porch/sitting area out front.
Mar De Amores was built as a family home and is basically a 3 bedroom ranch style. It has a master with a bath and 2 smaller bedrooms and a bath on the hall.
It's high up on the hillside and has very nice views. When we stayed there, there was no a/c but it appears to have been added since.
We rented Catalina and Mar De Amores through the owners, the Cividinis, who are also co-owners of Morgan's Mango. The have moved to Florida but are frequently back on island. They were charming and gracious people. If you would like their email address, I'd be happy to give it to you. If you're seriously considering either of them, I may be able to find my pictures and I can go into a little more detail. The Caribbean Villas website photos are pretty accurate.

Treasure Ridge is another good candidate. Don't know the availability. We stayed next door at Temptress(2Bedroom) this July. It is just above La Papaya (5 Bedroom)and Villa Intimasea (2 Bedroom).

Allesandra looks great for a little more money. I've only seen it from the street but it looked very sharp. It is just across the street from Treasure Ridge, a little farther around on the hillside so it has killer views looking down over the Westin. It has a hot tub and pool.

Solaris is on the other side of Temptress. Don't know much about it, but you could see the pool area through the privacy screen lattice from one end of the deck at Temptress. Nothing major, just not 100% private.
Your rental company should be able to tell you the names of the nearby villas even if they don't represent them.
I always ask about ongoing construction/noise and privacy/visibilty (Yes, for the purposes of Nekkidness :shock: ).
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can do anything else.
Kathy Henion
cuddles

Post by cuddles »

Thanks, Kathy. I'll pass on the info to my friends!
:D
dongustav

where is Inn Paradise?

Post by dongustav »

Kathy-
Since you've stayed near Inn Paradise, can you tell me how to get to it? We're just about to pull the trigger on reserving it for next March, but are concerned it's too far "out there." Is it on the centerline rd or do you get there via the south shore rd?

Thanks in advance
Don