60 days..........wheels up and paradise bound!

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

60 days..........wheels up and paradise bound!

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Now the countdown begins............WHY do we get so excited about going to a place we've been before?? This is so much fun, what would I do with you guys to share this with? :P :P

First item to be packed is my super duper SPF 155 sun block! I spent my summer going through a very aggressive and painful skin cancer treatment. Oh, and hubby took a bad fall off a ladder in June and suffered a broken wrist, bones, elbow, numerous cuts, etc. Just finishing up with physical therapy. Needless to say it wasn't much of a summer here on the water in Seaford. :twisted:

Don't you know we are SO READY for a week away, just the two of us in Paradise.....................One Particular Harbour's view will be the icing on the cake!! That and a get together with fellow forumites!

I'm getting some questions together to run by all of you, I LOVE this forum.

Jan (aka Charlie)
8) :lol: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

P.S. Yes, JORGE, they will be nekidness.......but sorry NO "real time" trip reports. :wink: :wink:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

WOW! Where do you get SPF 155? I want some!!!! 8)
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

California Girl wrote:WOW! Where do you get SPF 155? I want some!!!! 8)

California Girl - It's called a CAVE.

Jan - Sorry to hear about your summer. But this trip will make up for that. I am sooooo envious that you only have 60 days to go. I'm still in the 200's and it's so far away.

I close my eyes on hot humid days here in Florida and imagine myself on STJ. The only bad part is – when I open my eyes – the image of the Beach Bar is replaced with the reality of my work building.

Your going to have a great time.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE SPF 155 :lol: :lol: :lol:

CalifGirl- If they made it though I'd use it!

George, I think I might be spending part of my trip in a cave! One of the reasons I love STJ is that both Mike & I can both enjoy the beach ALL day. Me and my pale self curled up under a palm tree, Mike sprawled out in the sun!

Thanks for the good wishes, you'll be sick of me by the time I finish with all my questions! :roll:

Jan (aka Charlie)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Oh bummer. I thought I'd finally found MY sunscreen! A cave might do nicely, though! :)
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Jan~
Sorry to hear about your summer, but the good times are just around the corner!! :lol: I can feel the excitement. After looking through Bob and Anita's 2005 and 2006 picture gallery I just felt like I was there, until reality set in :cry:

This might interest you and California Girl regarding the Sunscreen...the SPF 65 for the face sounds awesome! :D I am of fair Irish descent, so I know the need for sunscreen!

To my knowledge, an SPF 50 is the highest sunscreen protection for your body. Ocean Potion is what we know & love because it has Broad Spectrum Protection ... meaning it soaks deep into your skin to protect deeper layers of your skin, not just surface protection. Active ingredient is Parsol 1789 (also known as Avobenzone). Ocean Potion is available in SPF 4 up to SPF 50. This season, they just released a new SPF 65 product [Ocean Potion Spot Stick] made for faces & tender or sensitive places. It's fast drying & non-greasy making it great for your face, nose, ears, even that bare spot on your scalp.
Visit Barnacle Kove for the freshest Ocean Potion Suncare Products available on the web.

www.barnaclekove.com

Can't wait to get your trip reports! :wink:
Bill in Va

Re: 60 days..........wheels up and paradise bound!

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo girl. What day do you hit STJ? We arrive on the 25th at 1:07 from Dulles. Have to wait for another couple coming from Phoenix about an hour. Then the party begins! I will put The Beach Bar on notice to ramp up pain killer production for us. Glad both of you are on the mend. See you soon and God bless...Bill
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Wow, sounds like you earned this trip!

Just curious, did your skin doc recommend a particular brand of sunscreen for you, post-treatment? My parents were supposed to come down with us for a week of our last trip, but had to bow out due to my Dad's diagnosis of and treatment for skin cancer. He's better now, and they are definitely coming with us next year. If there is one very strong brand of sunscreen that is recommended for people that have had skin cancer, I'd like to note it for the trip.

Have a great trip! I'm jealous. The only trip planning I'm doing right now is getting ready for a trip to Disneyworld :roll: It's the makeup trip for my niece and nephew for not bringing them to STJ with us this summer.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Have a great trip! I'm so jealous!! If I couldn't come here and live vicariously through the questions and trip reports I'd go crazy! 8)

I'm sorry to hear about your lousy summer. Seems like these things come in bunches, at least around here. I hope you and your husband are doing okay now.

Just today my husbands biopsy came back positive for melanoma. Fortunately it's been caught early enough and will only require surgery, as far as we know now. We really have to be careful in the sun. i'm going to look into the protective clothing too, as he likes to fish and golf. Sometimes suntan lotion isn't enough.

Have a great trip!
SarahD

>>First item to be packed is my super duper SPF 155 sun block! I spent my summer going through a very aggressive and painful skin cancer treatment. Oh, and hubby took a bad fall off a ladder in June and suffered a broken wrist, bones, elbow, numerous cuts, etc. Just finishing up with physical therapy. Needless to say it wasn't much of a summer here on the water in Seaford. <<
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey guys thanks for the nice replies!

FlaSteph - I SWEAR by Ocean Potion, love it. Will look into getting that stick, I hate lotion on my face. Girl I'm like you, a fair skinned hot tempered redhead! And OF COURSE I'm Irish!

Liamsaunt - My Dermatologist suggests anything with Broad Spectrum, it works like FlaSteph said. I use the lotion SPF 50 and also the spray SPF 50. I've also used the Neutrogena Lotion and it's good as well, plus it doesn't make you smell like a coconut or tropical fruit. I know a lot of people who swear by Ocean Potion and most of them are in Fla like Steph!

SarahD - Please make sure your hubby stays on top of the follow up appointments for the melanoma. I'm so glad you guys caught it early. My sister had surgery for a melanoma spot on her arm about 10 years ago and she's doing wonderful. She goes to the Dermatologist faithfully every 3 months. I'm the youngest of 4 kids and we've all been bit by the skin cancer bug, even both parents.

BillinVA - We are SO looking forward to seeing you guys!!! Are Chuck and Sue making the trip?? I think the grandchild and all the grandparents will be there, right?? We're ready to get together, let's touch base. We arrive on 11/26 and leave on 12/3 with a night on STT. We have no plans while on Island, except to go to Trunk Bay on Friday 12/1 because there are no Cruise Ships in that day!