Friend going to St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
FlaGeorge

Friend going to St. Thomas

Post by FlaGeorge »

A friend of mine is taking a cruise this December and one of the Ports of Call will be St. Thomas. Unfortunately for him – there will be 4 other cruise ships (14,000 people) in STT that same day.

I made the suggestion that he hop a cab to Red Hook – take the ferry to STJ – and get a cab to Hawksnest or Gibney Beach.

Does anyone know the price of a cab from the cruise docks to Red Hook? And the price of a cab ride from the STJ ferry dock to either Hawksnest or Gibney Beach? And can he pre-arrange for a cab ride back to the STJ ferry dock at a particular time?
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

George taxi rates are here as well as some phone #s -

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/st/sttaxi.shtml

These may be a little out of date, adding a dollar or two per ride would probably be safe. I am sure if you got a ride out to Hawksnest or Gibney you can arrange for the driver to come back for you at a certain time - we have done this in the past.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

That's a great idea George, otherwise they'd end up at Trunk with everyone else!

We just checked the schedule last night and on 11/29 there are 6 ships in and on 11/30 there are 5. ALL in STT or anchored. Wow, definately will avoid the North Shore those 2 days! But our reward is one day with NO ships!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

George -

We took a a taxi from Cruz Bay to Hawksnest this past spring and although I don't recall the rates, the driver was there to take us back at the exact time we asked. It worked out very well.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay