one night in St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
STJlvrnSTL

one night in St. Thomas

Post by STJlvrnSTL »

In order to get cheaper airfare we have to go down to St. Thomas a day earlier and of course the villa we are renting is booked. So we need a place to spend the night. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at either Blue Beard's Castle or Best Western Carib and what you guys thought of them. Or if you guys have any other suggestions of where to stay for the night it doesn’t have to be fancy just a place to sleep. Thanks in advance!
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

For the highlight of your trip to the VI's spend that night at the Crystal Palace with that ever pleasant host Mr. Ronnie.
FrankG

One night in St. Thomas

Post by FrankG »

I second the Crystal Palace. www.crystalpalaceusvi.com
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Last year we stayed one night at Secret Harbour before our week on STJ. We enjoyed Secret Harbour very much. Nice rooms that right on the beach and the grounds are nice. The rooms all have a fully stocked galley style kitchen. The restaurant, Blue Moon Cafe, is excellent. Many people come to the restaurant to dine who are not staying at Secret Harbour. There is fairly decent snorkeling there as well. Secret Harbour is also close to Red Hook.

We enjoyed Secret Harbour so much that we've booked it for one night before our two weeks on STJ next June. Here is a link: http://www.secretharbourvi.com/

You can see some of our Secret Harbour pictures here: http://www.pbase.com/robertablake/arriv ... et_harbour
Bob & Anita
cat

We will be there in June 2007 also!

Post by cat »

We will be there in June 2007 also. Trying to decide where to stay for 2 nights. Thanks for the ideas. Has anyone stayed at the Green Iguana?
Pia

Post by Pia »

Crystal Palace with Ronnie (hi Ronnie :D )
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

We have stayed at Blue Beards, booked it through Caribbean on line. The room was great! And Cheap! $79.00/night. Also check out http://www.villa-olga-inn.com/, it's a sister to Bolongo Bay Beach Club. It is in French Town, close to the airport, great restaurants, FrenchTown deli is great for breakfast, and you can walk to downtown.
isla_jen

Post by isla_jen »

We stayed at the Green Iguana in late June when our friends insisted on spending a day shopping in St. Thomas. We were a little wary but took a chance becuase the reviews were so great.

It is very nice and clean. The owner is on the premises and has a little snack/drink bar you can get some refreshments from and there is a laundry. I don't think you can beat it for the price. Our room had a balcony with comfy chairs and the room was like an efficiency apartment. Fridge, cups, bowls etc...

It is right next to Blackbeard's Castle which is kinda fun. It isn't in a great part of C.A. so be prepared to take a cab-there is nothing close by for food and fun. The rooms are protected by a security coded door and security cameras on the outside.

~Jen
STJlvrnSTL

Post by STJlvrnSTL »

Thanks for all of the information. I am going to check out your suggestions. The problem I am finding is that most places are booked because we are going to be there the week of Christmas/New Years and we need two rooms because there are 6 of us. We also dont want to spend more than we are saving on the airfare. Anyway, Thanks again for the suggestions!
MLS

Post by MLS »

Best Western Carib Beach is not, beach that is. I've stayed there-pretty spartan, but if you just looking for a place to stay it's pretty cheap and perfectly adequate. There was a murder there within the past year or two, but I do not consider it an unsafe location. Do not stay there if it's karaoke night.
Across the bay BW Emerald Beach is actually quite nice, albeit with famously slow, or non-, service. I've stayed there many times for exactly your reason and for villas not being available. It is, however, not cheap, probably around $300 then, which probably eats up your airfare savings.
Barb

Re: one night in St. Thomas

Post by Barb »

STJlvrnSTL wrote:In order to get cheaper airfare we have to go down to St. Thomas a day earlier and of course the villa we are renting is booked. So we need a place to spend the night. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at either Blue Beard's Castle or Best Western Carib and what you guys thought of them. Or if you guys have any other suggestions of where to stay for the night it doesn’t have to be fancy just a place to sleep. Thanks in advance!
I stayed at the Best Western Emerald which the worse resort there in MHO but if only one night I guess I could stand it again. Though I would go with what promguy suggested or Secret Harbour.
Barb
A Dream can be only a wish away