Villa help: Paloma Blanca, Sea Forever, Mystic Ridge

Travel discussion for St. John
fran

Villa help: Paloma Blanca, Sea Forever, Mystic Ridge

Post by fran »

I would LOVE some feedback on these three villas (Paloma Blanca, Mystic Ridge, and Sea Forever)!

FYI: things we are looking for are:
3 fairly equal bedrooms, with A/C
at least that many bathrooms
garden showers are SO nice!
large pool
jacuzzi / hot tub (if it is next to the pool, all the better!)
killer views - of the ocean, not other villas, and sunrise / sunset if at all possible
good breezes - need them to chase away the vicious bloodsucking skeeters and no-see-ums!
room to park 3 jeeps

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
fins-up fran
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Hi Fran,
I haven't stayed in any of these villas, but googling them, I lean towards Paloma Blanca and Mystic Ridge over Sea Forever. Paloma has a great looking deck and view and Mystic has the same and it's so pretty! The pictures of Sea Forever don't show much. I dislike small pictures. I want big expansive photos that show some detail! :)

And I don't understand why some villa sites only have a few pictures. It makes me think they're hiding something. :)

Half the fun is in the searching! Good luck!

JMO!
SarahD

I would LOVE some feedback on these three villas (Paloma Blanca, Mystic Ridge, and Sea Forever)! <<

>>
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I stayed at Paloma about 3 years ago.

The bedrooms all seemed equal but the third one is downstairs in a sort of in-law apartment with a seperate kitchen, bathroom and living space. That's the one we stayed in. There is an outside stairway and entrance to the upstairs. We never used the A/C cuz the fan was plenty.

I'm not sure if there were bathrooms off of each bedroom upstairs and/or garden showers.

The pool is medium sized (there aren't many "large" pools in STJ) and has an interrupted view. The hottub is regular size (we didn't really use it).

The view is amazing! You will see the blazing sunsets and sparkling lights of St Thomas as well as huge rainbows after rain showers. Seriously, killer views from this porch. We ate all of our meals outside.

There is NOT room for three jeeps unless they changed the driveway. I don't think there's room for two.

The breezes were good. I don't rememember being eaten that bad. But, the time of year is also a factor in this (we were there in Dec).

I've stayed at two other places since then and have no qualms with Paloma. It was a great house, very well equipped, rockin' sunsets, not too far away from town (@ 10-15 minutes).

It's off the beaten track, on a really rutted dirt road. There's one neighbor to the left but the landscaping creates privacy (we didn't notice them until mid-week).
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

The pool has an UNINTERRUPTED view. Yikes!

Also, gorgeous lanscaping and garden.
fran

Post by fran »

Lysa, thank you so much your great input. Information like yours is what makes this forum so invaluable.

Sarah - I so agree with you! The actual vacation time goes by SO fast, that the preplanning actually becomes part of my vacation! And I want pictures of my vacations!
I wish I could find better info on some of the rental sites. Stuff like floor plans, availability calendars, sizes of rooms and outdoor spaces, and etc. I mean, different sites are listing Sea Forever as having anywhere from 2 to 4 bathrooms; who knows how many bedrooms there are. I can only assume a kitchen is included... :D
fins-up fran
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

I have stayed at Mystic Ridge twice. It's not going to meet your criternion, though. No hot tub, no A/C, two of the bedrooms are equal, no outdoor shower. But lots of parking, a big pool and killer view (sunrise, especially). If you have qeustions just email me.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Fran: Call the villa agency and ask lots of questions. Many villa agencies will ask you what you are looking for then reccomend a few sites for you based on the criteria! In know Destination St John has done this for us.

If the person on the phone is not willing to help, then they are not the right agency for you.