Marriot Time Share tour/visit.

Travel discussion for St. John
David- n Hampton, VA

Marriot Time Share tour/visit.

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

Hi everyone, Just got back a month ago from my favorite island in the world (St. John) and am still in withdrawal. Yesterday, I received an invitation to go stay at the STT Marriot resort for 5 days/4 nights for only 200 bucks. Seems like a great deal but having never been over there, I am curious about it. (I know time share and time share methods....my wife and son both are/or have worked for many years in the time share industry). What I am curious about is....is this a good place to visit/stay, and should I plan on signing up? My wife and I have never stayed on STT, so we are kind of leaning toward signing up, if nothing else, just to say we have done it once.

Anything anyone knows about this would be helpful.

Dave
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Dave! I stayed at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef last year. First let me say that I am not much of a Marriott fan, but Frenchman's Reef was pretty nice. It had it's down sides though. First they gave us the wrong room, then the room they moved us to had a non-working ice maker and plaster missing off the ceiling of the balcony (you could see the rebar in the roof!) and some of the staff were none too friendly. But I must say that never having been to the VI before (and I found this forum after I returned), I knew nothing about "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon", and "Good Evening", so that may be why I was met with a cool response. All things being considered, it's not a bad hotel and I would not throw rocks at someone who offered me a week there for $200! I think the rooms are way more than that PER NIGHT! It all depends on whether or not you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation or not and if you can resist the usual strong arm tactics you may get. IMHO the rooms are just average though...not real fancy as you might expect for the hype and the price.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

For $200 I would do it in a heartbeat and ferry over to STJ every day! :D
Barb

Re: Marriot Time Share tour/visit.

Post by Barb »

David- n Hampton, VA wrote:Hi everyone, Just got back a month ago from my favorite island in the world (St. John) and am still in withdrawal. Yesterday, I received an invitation to go stay at the STT Marriot resort for 5 days/4 nights for only 200 bucks. Seems like a great deal but having never been over there, I am curious about it. (I know time share and time share methods....my wife and son both are/or have worked for many years in the time share industry). What I am curious about is....is this a good place to visit/stay, and should I plan on signing up? My wife and I have never stayed on STT, so we are kind of leaning toward signing up, if nothing else, just to say we have done it once.
Anything anyone knows about this would be helpful.

Dave
Dave
We have stay at the Morningstar part of the Frenchmen's Reef & loved it. They were doing the timeshare bit when we were there in 2005 though it was only 30 minutes long we had plans for the whole time we were there so we didn't do it. They offer us the same deal but it is a resort view & you paid for the air. I was there back in Nov 2004 when they started breaking ground & in June 2005 not much was finished looked as same when I was there in 2004. St Thomas is a nice island, I prefer it over St John but MHO only. Good luck
Barb
A Dream can be only a wish away
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Go for it Dave. Think of it as another adventure. We honeymoon on STT and the island has a lot to offer.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
David- n Hampton, VA

Think we will.

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

Thanks everyone, The 200.00 qouted price doesn't include airfare (its just the room), but the value is still considerable I think. My wife and I really love St. John and staying in villas normally means spending at least half the time just enjoying the villa (rather than going to a beach or something). The way I see this opportunity is, while we probably would not like just sitting around the Marriot, there is a whole island that we haven't had an opportunity to go look at.

Dave
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Well, I think you need a "do-over" anyway, without stitches or migranes! Go for it! :lol:
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Dave
Just a suggestion of what we did one day while on STT.

Head up and over the hill from CA as if you’re going to Megens Bay. Towards the top of the hill is a place called Utter Delight. They have the very best “Adult Milkshakes” – booze in the milkshake (all kinds). Then head further up the hill to Drakes Seat. There is a bench there overlooking Megens Bay. Very scenic. Sit there for awhile – sipping your shake – and taking in the beauty of STT. Then, drive down the hill to Megens Bay. If you do this later in the afternoon – you’ll miss all the cruise ship folks – and you and the “Locals” will have the beach.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"