Thank you Destination St. John & Conrad Cars

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Thank you Destination St. John & Conrad Cars

Post by flip-flop »

Unfortunately for my family 40 days out from our trip we have to cancel due to complications with my pregnancy. Though we would love (and NEED) to go to STJ it doesn't look like it will be a wise move to be that far from my docs. Long story.

This weekend we had the family meeting and decided for sure we needed to cancel. Not knowing even specifically when we would want to re-book for.

I contacted Lori at Destination St. John & Carmen at Conrad Cars and I must say I was met with compassion and complete cooperation. Being less than 6 weeks out I was concerned that they could have rightfully held me to my reservations - honestly, I would not have blamed them. So all I can say to them is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I will be reading and living vicariously through all of your trip reports & I know we'll be back to STJ ... its just a matter of time!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Flip Flop - good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I know you will be in all of our thougts and prayers.

nothintolose
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hey Flip Flop
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. But looking after the new addition is a lot more important. You and your family with be our thoughts and prayers.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Flip Flop~
I know the decision to cancel had to be difficult at this time, but your health along with the babies is most important now! I know you will be back to STJ too!

I wish you the best during the remainder of your pregnancy. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip. Just remember the island will still be there when you can get back. Take care of yourself and the little one, your health is the most important thing.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and please let us know how you're coming along!

Jan (aka Charlie)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thanks for the good wishes. I will keep you all posted. I am bummed about the trip but definitely a delay for a good cause. Just keep your fingers crossed and your well wishes coming!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Flip-Flop,

Please count in my prayers and well wishes for you and the baby. Although we will miss your trip report we know that it is just pushed back a bit!

Also, thanks for the positive words for Destination St. John and Conrad Sutton Cars. It is nice to hear that they were so helpful and many of us are often in a position to report the negative about a company but forget that there are many good things that take place as well.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I agree with Tracy.

1. Flip Flop, take care of yourself and your baby first and foremost! St John will still be there once you are back on your feet.

2. Thanks for updating us on a positive experience regarding STJ companies. It is so often we only focus on the negative.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Flip-flop,

I am sorry to hear of your complications and wish you and the baby the very best. Just think of the happy times you and your baby will have on STJ when you do get to go. Take care of yourself and I hope to hear soon of the happy arrival of your new baby. :D

Coden
Coden