Here comes my questions......................

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

Here comes my questions......................

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

We are so excited, our 4th trip to STJ and we leave on Sunday 11/26! I've got a few questions to hit the forum with over the next few weeks, THANK YOU in advance for all the WONDERFUL ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:

We actually leave home late Saturday afternoon and drive 3 hours up to D.C. to spend the night before catching an early morning flight to STT. We will be bringing a cooler with meats and other frozen items. Normally we carry the cooler on the plane with us and need it to stay frozen about 12 hours, which is always does.

This trip it needs to stay frozen 24 hours, will it make it??? And with the new restrictions will we be able to carry on like usual or will we need to check it? I normally freeze EVERYTHING that goes in the cooler including bottled water and juice. Is frozen water considered a "liquid" now? :?

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Jan (aka Charlie)
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Jan
I don’t think you’re going to be able to take the frozen food on as carry-on. Hopefully – someone can shed more light on this. If the place you’re staying over night in DC has a restaurant with a freezer – maybe they can keep your cooler in their freezer overnight. This way your food will still be frozen. I would think as long as the food is still cold by the time you get to STJ – it should be OK.

I’m hoping other folks can add some of their experiences about taking food down with the new restrictions. I would like to take some food down too.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Pia

Post by Pia »

Here is a wonderful product that I read about on a forum so I "bookmarked" it. It's called Techni Ice - sounds excellent.

I don't think they will let frozen bottles of "liguid" on the plane, as the only bottles of liquid drinks that you can take on the plane are those purchased after you clear security or it has to be under 3oz and carried in a clear zip lock bag.

http://www.mgreer.com/
Bill in Va

Cooler food

Post by Bill in Va »

Hey there. We usually do this drill. Spend the night at the airport and take the early flight out the next day. Even though we are 35-40 minutes from Dulles. Couple of times the hotel put the cooler in the freezer. Other times we just leave it in the car which is coller than the room hopefully. Need to add we usually go the end of Nov...I duct tape the cooler and put a strap on it too. We have been using a Coleman "Zero" wheeled cooler. Stuff is still hard as a rock when we unpack! Remember you only get 50 pounds before they charge. I wouldn't bring water. Bring another steak instead...See you guys soon...God bless...Bill