12 years ago...

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

12 years ago...

Post by parafins »

It's hard to believe that 12 years ago my wife and I visited St.John for the first time.It was our honeymoon and we had never been anywhere tropical before.What a good choice we had made.We both fell in love with that little island!If anyone is going to spend your honeymoon here it would be a wise choice.St.John has changed us forever and I always long to go back!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
FlaSteph

Post by FlaSteph »

Know the feeling! We spent our honeymoon on St Thomas and took a day trip to STJ...that was it...we were hooked! We go back in May for a third trip.

Hopefully you are planning a return trip to the island you love! :lol:
Coden

Post by Coden »

Times flies when you are having fun!! Happy 12th!!
Coden
jdjcmaso

Post by jdjcmaso »

I dont think St John even existed when I honeymooned 31 years ago!! Just kidding of course, but I would've loved to see it back then. I do enjoy all the restaurant choices we have now, though.
Is there anyone out there who can do a time warp for me and describe the island in 1975?
Joe
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I can Joe but I'll wait until I see you on STJ in Dec. But in 1975 there was only one little grocery store where Tage is now. We had to stop at Pueblo before we got on the ferry to get our groceries. Half of the restaurants were not even there. The Virgin Grand (Hyatt) was just being built. The rest can wait.
Looking forward to seeing you and Doreen. As it stands now my husband will not be coming as he is going down the beginning of Nov. to have some repairs done on the boat. I think that I am going to come down on the 13th. I have to look for accomodations as I don't want to stay out on the boat and travel into Cruz Bay every day. Thinking of Tamarind. Keep in touch so we can firm up a meeting place and time.