LIVE FROM BONGO BONGO

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

LIVE FROM BONGO BONGO

Post by mbw1024 »

WE're HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some quick notes below. Enjoy!

Here¡¦s a run down of my last few days!

Saturday ¡V wedding day. The most beautiful day of my life.

Sunday ¡V post wedding brunch, off to Philly for an over night at the airport.

Monday ¡V on our way. Upgraded to first class for the flight from Charlotte to STT.

Arrive STT ¡V sweat to death getting luggage. Ferry over to Caneel. GREAT place. We had a room beach front on Caneel Bay. Within minutes of arriving we were in suits and in the water with champagne in hand. Compliments of Caneel for our honeymoon ƒº
Beautiful dinner at Equator.

Tuesday ¡V today. Up early for coffee and a lovely beach side breakfast. On Honeymoon beach by 8:45 or so and not another person in sight. Were there until about 10. Spent the afternoon on Scott beach. Arrived Bongo Bongo around 4. Spectacular. That¡¦s all I will say right now. Too much other stuff to say but it will be later.

Pool, hot tub, cocktails, dinner platters from Susie Christy. Now we are getting ready for Yankee baseball ļ The only tv we will watch on vacation, if we happen to be in for the night.

I put up a few photos. You can see them here. (Including one from the wedding)

http://picasaweb.google.com/mbw1024/Hon ... 0210122006
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

You look soooo happy - congratulations :D

Now I know what you guy's look like I'll be on the look out for you. Did you use your coffee grinder yet....you better have :D (with some of Ruth's coffee)

Looking forward to spotting you in "town" or at least reading your "live from Bongo Bongo" reports.

Many congratulations once again

Pia
ATG

Congrats!

Post by ATG »

Congrats Mary Beth on your wedding and for finally being in St. John - from your fellow New Jerseyite or New Jerseyan, whatever we are(I'm down the turnpike from you in Cherry Hill)!! :D I honeymooned at Caneel, and we are going back in November - woohoo - staying at Lavender Hill...Your pics are great!
Did you fly Useless, er, USAirways down? How did you get an upgrade out of them?! I asked for one when we flew them on our honeymoon and they looked at me like I was crazy... :x

ENJOY YOUR ST. JOHN EXPERIENCE!!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I was so happy when I saw your post!

Congratulations. Your pics are great and you look so happy.

We will be looking for a live from Bongo Bongo coffee grinder report in the morning :wink:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

first day of coffee, tomorrow :)

can't wait!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Congratulations MaryBeth and husband! Thanks for all of the photos of Bongo Bongo. That pool looks so awesome!

Not to put you off the TV for baseball playoffs or anything, but I can see the roof of the first house we ever rented in STJ in the Hart Bay shot you posted...we were there October 2003. John's screams definitely carried across the entire bay that night. Of course, you're Yankees fans, so no sympathy from you I guess. :?

Enjoy your honeymoon! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

Wow--Congratulations on your wedding and love the pictures! Bongo Bongo looks beauuuuutifullll!!

What a wonderful way to start your new life together!
Best Wishes!
:D :D
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Well – let me add my Congrads too. Great pictures and like all the others said – you look sooooo happy. I just knew that you would have that twinkle in your eyes – one for the new hubby and one for God’s gift of St. John. Your visit will flash by – so make sure you take the time to take in all the beauty. OK – stop reading the forum for awhile – grab your honey’s hand – lead him out to the deck – give him a big hug & kiss – do a 360 view of what’s all around you – and the rest will come naturally.

Enjoy your stay.
FlaGeorge
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Mary Beth! Getting up this morning and seeing your post on the forum has started my day off with a huge smile!

Thanks for the great pictures! (including the wedding pic!) You guys are so cute! Congratulations!!!

You're finally there! Can you believe it? I'm so excited for you! Now get on that "island time", slow down and take in every second of it!

Looking forward to more "on the spot" reports from you (like you have nothing better to do on your honeymoon!)
:wink:
Last edited by California Girl on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Mary Beth...Yay! You made it!

Now, go say "Hi" to Ruth, wave at the camera and buy some of her gourmet coffe and grind away!

Congrats!
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Congratulations!!! Immerse yourselves in joy.
Bob & Anita
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Congrat enjoy every momment together put them in the back of your mind so when the 2 of you get old you can sit in your rockers and reminse
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Congrats on your wedding Mary Beth! Love the wedding picture! You guys look so happy! :D

I had to laugh when I saw your post with 12 replies already. I guess we've all been waiting to hear from you.

The BongoBongo pics look great. At least we know that the BB guys haven't been retouching their photographs..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Have a GREAT time on your honeymoon!! Good thing you got there before Jorge and his troops did. They might still be remodeling! :lol: Just kiddin.........

sarahD
ps- is the waffle iron there yet? :wink:
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

CONGRATULATIONS Marybeth!
Thanks for posting the pictures and can't wait to read your whole trip report!
Have a great honeymoon :!: :!: :!: