Trip Report Incl. Fav Drinks

Travel discussion for St. John
mariang

Trip Report Incl. Fav Drinks

Post by mariang »

Hello Everyone,
This was my forth trip to St. John but I took a friend with me who had never been so in some ways it was like seeing it for the first time again. In many others, tho, I felt like a native which was great.

My friend had never snorkelled before so we took it easy hitting the North shore beaches: Maho, Cinnamon, Jumby, Trunk. Although she didn't feel comfotable going out as far as I did, I still didn't see as much as I'm use to seeing when I snorkel even in those more popular areas. I was wondering if others have noticed a decline in good snorkeling maybe due to the coral bleaching of the last couple years? There was a large school of minnows around the Trunk Cays and some huge Tarpon under them but there weren't even that many parrot fish around which is unusual.

We were only there for a week this time but we had excellent weather all week long!! I've got the tan to prove it!

I've also got some new favorite drinks!! All with my favorite - rum! If you go to the Balcony Restaurant for dinner or drinks you've got to try their "Cruzan for a Bruisin'". It's really good. I think it's got 3-5 flavored Cruzans in it. If you go to Pastory Gardens (Compass Rose Restaurant) YOU HAVE TO TRY the Peanutbutter Bushwacker!! I know it sounds disgusting but it tastes like a candy bar!!! Yes it really has peanutbutter in it. If you like a peanutbutter cup & you like a regular bushwacker - you'll like this!!! Give it a try.

OK. I hope this gives some of you something new to look forward to. We had a great time and not just because of the booze. I love it there. I feel more at home there then where I live, I think. Enjoy!
If you're going through Hell,
Keep on going, you might get through
Before the devil even knows you're there.
- Artist, Rodney Adkins
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

That's it! Oh - you have to tell us the adventures of your newbie friends. Where'd you go - where'd you stay - what did you do.

Come on - you have to give more. I'm still over 200 days out.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Great start! I too, would like some more of those details! SOunds like you had a great time. As far as snorkeling, we were on STJ in June and I think there were maybe more fish than during our prior trips. We usually head down in the February/March time frame so maybe it was just the time of year?!

Looking forward to more of your report! Not to beg or anything!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay