Rainy in Washington, DC & sunny in Cruz Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Rainy in Washington, DC & sunny in Cruz Bay

Post by RickG »

Sitting in my office on a black dreary day it's so nice to take a look at the Cruz Bay webcam. MB's pictures are helping too! Just 42 days to go. I think I need to hit the Cruzan when I get home tonight.

Cheers, RickG
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Rick, you have quite the view from your office!
NoWorriesMom

Thanks for DC pic!

Post by NoWorriesMom »

I second the WHAT A VIEW sentiments!!! Thanks for the two "cam" pics RickG! We moved away from the DC area to Colorado and not only do I miss those DC sights but I'd also love a rainy day right about now! Maybe this will help: did you know that EVERYWHERE else one must PAY to get into museums and the zoo! Gasp!!!!
Should I quit whining and go hike in the beautiful Boulder foothills? Ok, ok...... :wink:
Good luck with your waiting till trip time!
RickG

Post by RickG »

NoWorriesMom, I was in Denver last Thursday-Sunday for the Great American Beer Fest. No Virgin Islands Pale Ale sightings. Every day was in the 80s and sunny. I could live that way! But, I'm closer to the islands here with 3 airports nearby.

Cheers, RickG
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

RickG, small world! My husband and I went to the Beer Fest too! Got a babysitter and everything! Good times! Now I think if I remember correctly we'll be in STJ at same time, Thanksgiving? If we see you on island we're buying you a drink!
Bill in Va

Va weather

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo neighbor. I live out near Warrenton. Today aint to pretty either is it? How long you staying on St John. We hit there on the 25th of Nov. I'll look for you at the Beach Bar! God bless....Bill
RickG

Post by RickG »

Bill, ya stinkin day. We were supposed to go to the Shirlington Oktoberfest, but the cold rain is coming down.

We'll have to tag-team this trip, we are heading home on the 25th. It looks like we have a pretty good Virginia contingent on this forum. I'll work my share trying to keep a Virginian on STJ round the calendar.

They know how I like my rum at the beach bar - Mount Gay and Coke with extra lime. Makes me want to pull out the Connect Four and pour a drink.

Cheers, RickG
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bill in Va

Virginia declares war on St John. Sign up now to go fight!

Post by Bill in Va »

Attention. This is not a drill. All Virginia residents are asked to do their share in fighting watery drinks and cold coffee on the island of St John. You will be asked to storm the beaches. You may pick your favorite by the way. You will be asked to endure long security lines and crowded taxi's and yes even a sometimes scary ride to Red Hook. Our goal is to have a Virgina resident on guard every day of the year on St John. General Jorge is doing his part. Can't wait for the new trip reports! Remember there is no age limit. My tour starts on Nov 25th. Keep me in your prayers...you can sleep better knowing that I'm on duty till Dec 9th....God bless..Bill
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

The "South will Rise Again".

Only this time in the VI.

FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"