Great Caribbean Getaways

Travel discussion for St. John
polly

Great Caribbean Getaways

Post by polly »

Has anyone ever used this company? Any thoughts- good or bad?
Cindy in pa

Great Caribbean Getaways

Post by Cindy in pa »

We used this company a few years ago. We had no problem with them. Actually we have used at least 4 villa rental companys the last couple years and been pleased with them all. We dont have them great us in Cruz bay though. Since we rent a vehicle on St Thomas we drive up to Pastory Gardens and call them. Then we sit back and have an island drink and wait for them to show up. It is very relaxing and not stressing out on the ferry dock.
Coden

Post by Coden »

We are using them for our rental in December. So far they have been very pleasant to work with and very helpful.
Coden
Patty

Great Caribbean Getaways

Post by Patty »

We have rented through them many times and have had no problems with them. Pam has always been very helpful. One year, one of our friends traveling with us had a major health issue which caused her to have to cancel her trip. We all had separate units at Battery Hill. Pam allowed her to use the money she had prepaid on another villa the next summer. I was a little disappointed last summer in that we didn't get a welcome basket. They had always left a bottle of rum and a few other goodies. Pam was away at the time and her son was handling things.
Robin in NC

They served us well

Post by Robin in NC »

We rented Lost Horizon from them this past June, and on the whole, they did a fine job. They aren't world-class communicators, and I had to call a couple of times when they didn't respond to e-mails, but they were apologetic and took care of things. We had one glitch...somehow they completely misunderstood our rental car wishes and rented a car for us at the last minute, which we got corrected and had the reservation canceled. Then when we came home, there was a charge on the credit card for that rental. But I called Pam, and she took care of it at once, and a credit was issued. So I wouldn't hesitate to rent with them again if they had the villa I wanted, though I gather from other reports here that there are other companies that might be a little more service oriented.

Robin