Miles Away Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
patr

Miles Away Villa

Post by patr »

Looking at Marybeth's photos is really getting me excited. We have 48 days 'til wheels up.

First a couple of days at Secret Harbour, then a week at Virgin Gorda (first time for this), then a week on St. John. I would love to hear from anyone who has previously rented Miles Away. I could only find one short review.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Diane

Post by Diane »

patr,
Please post a report on Miles Away when you return. I just reserved it for the only available full week next summer. I have seen a few reviews on another forum and they're all very good.
Diane
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Miles Away is a bueatiful home. I have not rented it but I know the house and I think you will like it very much.

Where are you staying in Virgin Gorda? We honeymooned at Biras Creek and I still dream about it. It was perfect.
patr

Post by patr »

Hi Xislandgirl,

We are spending the week at Euphoria located at Leverick. I hope we don't regret not spending that week on St. John.

Can you recommend favorite beaches or restaurants on VG?
Patr

Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We ate at the resort the entire time so I can not give you any info on dining. I found Virgin Gorda to be very quiet and not at all like St John.If you are looking for nightlife I don't think that you will find it.

The Baths are very cool and I am sure that you will love them. I have been there a few times and every time I go back I am still amazed by them. Wear very comfortable waterproof shoes to hike through the rocks, not flip flops. I made that mistake.
patr

Post by patr »

Yeah, we learned that lesson about the Baths. All I had was flip-flops, and was told that they were a no-no. So I tried it bare footed. Ouch, I had sore and tired dogs at the end of the day. DH had on his Tevas, so he had no problem.

This trip I will definitely be better prepared.
Patr

isla_jen

Post by isla_jen »

My parents spend 10 days in Virgin Gorda every year. We often spat back and forth about whose island is the best. :)

They can't say enough good things about a few restaurants: Chez Bamboo & De Loose Mongoose.

~Jen
RickG

Post by RickG »

I think De Loose Mongoose is on Tortola/Beef Island. We hit that when we are flying out of Beef Island. At least we used to when you could visit Anegada without paying for a charter flight.
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI