New forum - Confusing - not as friendly as old one

Travel discussion for St. John
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

I should add that I do stay, for the most part, logged in while my browser stays open. When it closes, I have to log in again and twice as Bob mentioned.
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

I was also going to mention that I actually find this forum to be "friendlier" than the old one, for the main reason that people cannot post anonymously and write offensive or mean things to people--which used to happen fairly often at the old forum!!

Cheers!

:P
Teresa_Rae

I love the new format :)

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I greatly prefer the new format, and have had this page bookmarked for a long time, but rarely visited it because I disliked the old format so much (however, I did visit another VI forum daily)...now that the format is better (in my opinion), I've been visiting here daily.

So thanks for the change :D
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

I like this forum and have from the beginning. It did take a few weeks to get used to, but after that it becomes the norm. I don't miss the old forum at all (and by that I mean the layout, controls, etc).

I'm sorry that some people chose not to come here. I think if you give it a chance, it's a lot more user friendly.

I think the log in problem for me is a spyware issue. On our computer with more spyware protection, if I close my browser it won't "remember" me next time I visit. But on our other computer with less protection it remembers me all the time. Either way, it's not a big deal.

SarahD
Coden

Post by Coden »

My 2 cents: I love the new forum!!! and it is why I am here. I was invited to come visit from another board but I said I couldn't because I couldn't deal with the layout. I just didn't have the time to click on each response in order to read a thread. Time is precious
you know! :D

So, Love the new forum and Anthony you are doing a great job and I for one greatly appreciate it!! 8)
Coden
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

I too like the new format. Like all new things it takes a bit to get used to.
Change is good!! :D Great work Anthony!
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

SarahD wrote:I think the log in problem for me is a spyware issue.
Yes - I think it may be an spyware/virus protection issue, which I have now heard about from a couple of people. I usually use a Mac and I don't run any anti-spyware or virus applications, so I often forget that this is an issue for PC Windows users.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

You Mac people! 8)

Seriously though, you don't need spyware on a Mac? I'll be getting a laptop soon, and my husband is really pushing for a Mac.

SarahD

>>Yes - I think it may be an spyware/virus protection issue, which I have now heard about from a couple of people. I usually use a Mac and I don't run any anti-spyware or virus applications, so I often forget that this is an issue for PC Windows users.<<
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

SarahD wrote:You Mac people!
LOL - yes - I was trying not to rub it in! I really don't run anything though and haven't had any problems, and I am on-line all day. The new MacBook is pretty awesome http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
jac w

Post by jac w »

Thanks Promo Guy & Bob & Anita! I've been having log in issues too, but the logging in twice finally got me here.
Genral

Post by Genral »

Just another vote for this style forum. With the old one, it seemed to take alot longer as we had to open each and every reply. I was surprised to hear that some have to log in every time - once I signed up, I just click the link in 'favorites' and it opens right up, no log-in required. As for some of our old buddies, JSS3 and Art as examples, they used to write in to another forum as well as this one, and we haven't seen them over there for awhile either. Hopefully they're OK and are both just busy with their grand kids. Peace, Genral
No matter where you go, there you are.