Win a Business in Paradise contest

Travel discussion for St. John
grafecks

Win a Business in Paradise contest

Post by grafecks »

Recently, Gary Moses of Mixology Warehouse had an essay contest to "Win a Business in Paradise." Actually two contests, the other one for Cafe Roma. I know that the deadline was originally extended to Sept. 30, 2006. I went on the Web site to see if the contests were extended again and the page can't be found anymore.

Does anyone have any information on these contests? Did anyone win? Did he cancel them? I'm curious to know if anyone won.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
jofus

Post by jofus »

When I went to the site it said;
"
We're sorry, but our contest has closed.
We fell short on entries and will be returning all entries, and we are not taking out administrative fees as outlined in the rules, so you can expect a full refund!

We do plan on running the contest again in early 2007, so check back for updated details and prizes!

jofus
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't remember now what the rules said, but does there have to be a minimum number of entries to make a contest? I never heard of something like that.
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Well, you're certainly not going to give away the store (pun intended) if you have only 100 bids at $250.00 each. Most of these type lotteries have some type of minimum or the respective property owner/business owner would never see any real value to what they are trying to get rid of.
grafecks

Post by grafecks »

Thanks for the info Jofus. I was unable to access the Web site.

As far as the number of entries required, he was looking for 8,000 per contest. Makes for a nice nest egg or retirement fund at $200 per entry! I had a feeling they weren't going to get enough entries.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Oh yeah... I forgot about the lottery part. You're right. :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:20 am.