BB photos

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

BB photos

Post by mbw1024 »

I made a major blunder today. went out without a card in my camera! :roll: realized when I was out an Annaberg and pulled the camera out to take some snaps. Oh well.

I put all the Bongo Bongo photos in one album for those who are interested. you can see them here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mbw1024/BongoBongo
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

Mary Beth: The place looks awesome..but I'm curious. Is it all open, I mean are they any rooms where you can close the windows? The reason I ask is that we were visiting last February and it got chilly at night and it was nice to be able to close some of the windows, also nice to keep bugs out. Can you do this at this villa?? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question!

Thanks and glad you're having a great time!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
SarahD

Post by SarahD »

Mary Beth, love the pics. BB is just gorgeous at night with the lights.

SarahD
Coden

Post by Coden »

Mary Beth - Thnx again for sending us the pics. The house is Awesome to say the least. Take care and enjoy the rest of your stay and your honeymoon!!
Coden
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Jorge wrote:Hey Mary Beth,
Thanks for the pics. Can you take a few of the kitchen? Is the kitchen open to the weather? We are worried about the bugs in the food. Luvya, Jorge
Ya, can you please take some pictures of the kitchen seeing that Jorge is going to put my poor a$$ to work cooking when we're down there.

Great shots - thanks.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
RickG

Post by RickG »

FlaGeorge wrote:Ya, can you please take some pictures of the kitchen seeing that Jorge is going to put my poor a$$ to work cooking when we're down there.
Mmmm, ham for breakfast? Careful with those tan lines. Wear an apron when you fry that up, don't want to burn the bits. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

added kitchen photos

chattycat - the house is not all open to the air. one bedroom is attached to the main living part of the house. you have to go out in the air to get from bedroom to kitchen area. the second bedroom is across the way from the dining area. so you also have to go out to go in. if you know what I mean.
The main sitting area and kitchen can be enclosed by sliders and screen.
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

Thank you Mary Beth!! That sounds great--I will definately keep this villa in mind if/when we are able to go back!!! Sounds lovely!!

Cheers! :D
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

mary beth wrote:added kitchen photos

chattycat - the house is not all open to the air. one bedroom is attached to the main living part of the house. you have to go out in the air to get from bedroom to kitchen area. the second bedroom is across the way from the dining area. so you also have to go out to go in. if you know what I mean.
The main sitting area and kitchen can be enclosed by sliders and screen.
Mary Beth, thanks for clarifying this. John and I watched the DVD twice last night trying to figure out if you could enclose the kitchen at night. I am glad to hear that you can!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
RickG

Open Kitchen

Post by RickG »

The kitchen at Caribe Villa (Peter Max House) had an open kitchen. It was inconvenient to enclose it, so we did not. You had to make certain that you did not leave food out or the birds would come by and have a feast. You also had to wear bug spray when you were in there - the mosquitos loved the shade and the ankle bufffet. All in all, it was a nice arrangement that left the cooks participating in the deck & pool conversation.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI