California Girl - You're in our thoughts and prayers

Travel discussion for St. John
Grace

Post by Grace »

Southern California members, our prayers are with you all. The photos of the fires and homes, cars destroyed are horrible. It brings tears to my eyes.

Praying hard that the winds go away. God Bless you all.
Rachelle & Joe

ca fires

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

To all that may b affected stay safe.....your all in our prayers!
linne

Post by linne »

to California girl and all other living in California

I’m so glad to see that the fire is under control now. We have really felt sorry for all of you. Must be terrible not to know, what will happen with your or your friend’s home. For me the worth will not be to loose the house itself, but to loose what’s inside the house would be a nightmare. Probably not everybody has the time to save all their personal things and memories. If it’s true that some of the fires had been started deliberately I hope they will find the culprits and force them to stand face to face with the people whose homes are destroyed, and family to people they have “murdered”.

Linne
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Linne: Losing a home must be just the worst thing ever! However, the people they have been interviewing on TV all have the most marvelous attitudes! They're all saying "it's only stuff and it can be replaced". It's amazing so few people have lost their lives in such raging, fast moving fires!

On TV I watched as firemen were carrying artwork out of someone's house as the fire drew near. Other people have found framed pictures wrapped in blankets on their front lawn with no house in the background. Some people were able to evacuate a lot, others not much at all.
linne

Post by linne »

……They're all saying "it's only stuff and it can be replaced

Yes, it’s fantastic how people are able to "looking on the bright side of life”. Hope it will continue!
3 years ago there was a terrible accident in a town very near where we live. A factory, which made firework, catch fire and later on exploded. About 350 houses were damaged and about 100 of them so much so they couldn’t be used anymore. In the beginning people said the same as the people in California, but after some month, not having a place to live, thinking of all the stuff they have lost and also having trouble with the insurance company, they got a little more depressive. We followed some families in the TV, but I also know about it from our neighbour. Their daughter, husband and child were one of them who lost EVERYTHING. They just had to run without taking anything with. After some days they were allowed to come and look if something was to be find, but the only thing they found was a mug. But the mug meant something for them, so they were happy finding that. Now they have a new and better house paid by the insurance company. The worst for them is still all the lost stuff. Pictures, memories from their wedding, family jewels, letters, things from their childhood, some homemade furniture etc. . I can really feel how bad that must be, even though they of course are happy still being alive. But it means something if you are able to take some of your stuff with you.

Linne
Coden

Post by Coden »

Calfirnia Girl - My heart goes out to all of you in California who are going through this. It is so sad.

Did I read correctly that this could have been caused by arson? I'm probably wrong on that but am just checking.
Coden
California Girl

Coden, you heard right. The Arrowhead & Crestline fires and the Santiago fire were both arson. They had a witness on the Arrowhead one and caught the guy, but they're still investigating the Santiago arson. There's a $250,000 reward and they say they're looking for a white Ford F150 pickup as a "vehicle of interest".
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Now this is interesting, just look out at the pool and it appears to be drizzling.

Need just a bit of a rain to clear the skies here in THE VALLEY and help the fires. Don't want too much too soon since it will cause other problems.
California Girl

Yeah, we got some big fat raindrops too, but it didn't last. Oh I hope it rains a little...just to clean everything off and help the fires go out.
Coden

Post by Coden »

CAGirl - I hope the arsonists are strung up, tarred and feathered. Wouldn't it be nice if we could still do that! Ha!! At the very least they should receive a lifetime prison sentence. :(
Coden
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

Margo,
So sorry you've been in the middle of all the danger out there... must have been an anxiety ridden week for sure. I was in Sedona Arizona all week and away from a computer but I watched it all unfold on tv, of course. Glad you are well, Kathleen
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I think since the arsonists like fire so much, they should be burned at the stake :evil:
California Girl

I vote we turn them over to Coden & nothintolose! That tar ought to fuel a nice stake burning! LOL!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 pm.