Bob & Anita - camera question

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Post by Coden »

B&A - Thank you for the weight belt information, you did a great job explaining. I think we'll start with one belt and up to 8 lbs of weights. My son also has no body fat, so I doubt if he'll need one. We'll just all share the one belt for this, our first time of snorkeling and won't use it at all until we are comfortable with snorkeling.

Thanks again!
Coden
RickG

Case for Cannon S410

Post by RickG »

I decided to get a case for my existing Canon instead of buying a new camera as well. The S410 has been a workhorse for me. I'm hoping the lack of an Underwater pre-set setting won't be a problem. I'll have to try a manual white balance. I got some good advice from www.scubaboard.com on settings for the camera and color correcting the pictures using Adobe PhotoShop Elements.

It was interesting to try color correcting the pictures. I could load the ArcSoft software that came with the camera, but I already have PhotoShop Elements. Running PhotoShop Elements Enhance->Auto-Level does pretty well. Using Enhance->Auto Color Correction brough out too much red. I tried this with one of Bob & Anita's before and after images in their gallery. The results look similar to the ArcSoft process. Pretty cool.

Before:

After Adobe Photoshop Elements Enhance->Auto-Level:

Bob & Anita's ArcSoft processed image:

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

RickG,

Very cool. Maybe someone can do the same with the Picture It software as well.

BTW, just your message on puffer fish photo. Our youngest son took that picture and he didn't know there was a lobster there until we viewed the pictures on the computer.
Bob & Anita