Flip-Flop How are you?

Travel discussion for St. John
patr

Flip-Flop How are you?

Post by patr »

Flip-Flop how're you feeling. When is the blessed event? Do you know boy/girl?

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thanks for asking. We are hanging in there. I actually have a sonogram today to check on status. I feel absolutely fine, the baby however is having issues with fluid, including some in the chest cavity that has been pressing on the lungs and heart. I had a procedure a week ago to have the fluid removed and today is to check if its gone or not. Sometimes (around 30% of the time) these things resolve themselves. Often they do not.

We are hoping for the resolution! Wish us luck.

It is really a rare thing - less than 1 in 6000 pregnancies. I've gotten through all the why mes but am still worried sick and won't rest easy until its all over.

Again thanks for asking - it is nice to have this forum as an escape!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Thanks for the update!
I will be keeping you and the little one in my thoughts.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Flip-Flop,

My thoughts are with you today for a great outcome from your tests. I'm sure it's hard when you have so little control and so much love! Sit back, relax and think about the waves slowly rolling in at your favorite beach! I'm praying for you -

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Coden

Post by Coden »

Take care Flip Flop. I wish you and the baby the very best!!!
Coden
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

I'm thinking about you too. I was 7.5 months pregnant on our last trip to STJ and wish you could have had the same wonderful weightless experience I did while snorkeling (it's great to forget you're big as a house for a little while).

I wish you all the best and hope to hear that your sonogram went well.
Jennifer

Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hey Flip-Flop, good to hear from you.

You and the baby have been in my thoughts. Take extra good care of yourself!

Jan (aka Charlie)
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hi Flip Flop

I gave you a call a few days a go to see how your doing. Please keep us informed as to what's happening.

You are not far from our thoughts.

Steph & George
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I have been better. At the sonogram yesterday they saw that the fluid has returned. The issue is that it will hurt the developing lung. Though they have said from the beginning it could take up to 3 procedures to get it to resolve. So procedure #2 is next week.

I do appreciate all the well wishes and I know one way or another we'll get through this. Its just a tough situation. Luckily for me, I know of a very healing place that will serve me well.
mia

Post by mia »

flip-flop,
I am so sorry to hear that the fluid has returned, this must certainly be a very difficult time for you and your family. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.....mia
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Flip Flop and you baby you are in my prayers. Keep strong I remember when my youngest was 9 months old and he had open heart surgery now he is 19 a freshman in collage and on the olympic team. It seems like yeasterday
Heather

Post by Heather »

Having been through the ultrasounds, waiting and worrying until the next appt., the ups and downs of a scary pregnancy, my heart goes out to you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The worst thing is to keep looking up the and wading through the vast spectrum of information and misinformation on the internet. Stay on the USVI forum!
Sunflower

Post by Sunflower »

Dear Flip-Flop - what an outpouring of love, concern, and care for you from our wonderful forumites! I want to add my prayers for you as well!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Flip-Flop! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily! I just know it'll all work out ok and you will all be back on St. John before you know it! :D
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

You all are amazing. I think I'll take Heather's option & stay on this forum and avoid the google search function! One thing makes you feel better and the next makes you feel worse. It is just an emotional roller coaster, but such is life!

I really can not say thanks enough for all the kind thoughts, well wishes and prayers.