Low Fare Alert - Newark to St. Thomas $300

Travel discussion for St. John
Steve S

Low Fare Alert - Newark to St. Thomas $300

Post by Steve S »

Just got a Travelocity alert for $243 flights from Newark to St Thomas on USAirways through Feb 17th. $300 after taxes and fees. I checked and there are indeed flights available. :D
jmq

Post by jmq »

There were similar priced flights available from Philly (PHL) for a short time earlier this week that came to $303 after taxes for non-weekend flights to STT. They tend to disappear almost as quickly as they appear however.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Amy

Post by Amy »

JMQ, I saw those Philly fares and I'm SO bummed that I didn't buy them the second I saw them! I put in dates that covered spring break week for my son in early April, the the prices were unbelievably low. I thought I'd better check with hubby, and by the time I did that the prices had almost doubled. Sigh.
jmq

Post by jmq »

A lot of us have similar stories trying to nab those elusive airfares.

I believe, and hope others can confirm from experience or refer to the "small print", that you have 24 hrs to cancel a ticket purchase with NO charge. So it may be better to pull the trigger ASAP when you see them if know you can back out within 24 hrs if you absolutely need to.
JMQ
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Eric in NJ

Post by Eric in NJ »

Hmmm I just checked my travel week and indeed there are cheap rates. BUT I would have to be flying 3 hours earlier than the flight I have booked and get there later because there is a 3 hour lay over in Charlotte NC. My flight is direct to StT.
Eric in NJ

You never know where you're going till you get there.