Air/Helicopter Tours?

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Air/Helicopter Tours?

Post by California Girl »

I've been trying to find information on the Internet about helicopter or small plane tours over the USVI. I know they exist, but the only information I can find says to contact the activities desk on my cruise ship or at my hotel. Well, I don't have either... I rented a villa! Can anyone here point me in the right direction to find out about an air tour? Many thanks in advance! 8)
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Try calling Wyndham Sugar Bay on St Tomas, I know that a friend stayed there and booked a helicopter ride through them.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Hi Cali Girl---Here is one that operates in the BVI---maybe they would come over to St. John, too.

http://www.helicoptersbvi.com/
---Jim
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Here is one that operates out of St. Thomas:

http://www.aircenterhelicopters.com/
---Jim
California Girl

Jorge wrote:What happen to the slow sailing vacation? Luvya, Jorge
Just explorng my options :D :wink:
California Girl

Thanks iowaguy! I've e-mailed both of the outfits you gave links for. This is great! I'm really curious to find out how much these things cost. The itinerary on Air Center's sightseeing page sounds really cool.
Treat youself to an aerial fantasy of the virgin islands. this tour will take you over red hook on the east end of st. Thomas, along the coast of st. john, past cruz bay, the annaberg ruins, tortola, jost van dyke and return along the north side of st. thomas over magens bay and into the airport. Tour length is approximately 25 minutes
kimmie76

Helicopter ride

Post by kimmie76 »

Hey, let me know what you find out about the helicopter rides (prices, etc.). I have a party of 4 that will be on St. John in November. Sounds like fun! Thanks!
California Girl

Kimmie76 - I've sent e-mails but haven't gotten any replies yet. (I owe it to "island time") :D

So I'll be making some phone calls this week and hopefully I'll get some info to share with you before you take off.

Stay tuned! :D
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I received an e-mail back from one company ( I can not remember the name, I deleted the e-mail)
it was $700 for a 25 minute trip.
A little too steep for my budget
California Girl

YIKES! That's too steep for me too! Someone on the Vinow forum said they did an air tour with www.airventuresinparadise.com and said it would be the best $99 bucks I ever spent. So it looks like there might be a wide range of options out there. That's one reason I posted my question. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Thanks for your input!!!
kimmie76

helicopter ride

Post by kimmie76 »

WOW! $700 is a little high. Let me know if you find out any more info. Thanks for the post!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Hey California Girl
Bring along some of those “Magic Mushrooms” and I’ll cook them up for you. You’ll fly higher and longer for a whole lot less. Just kidding of course – I fly on Carib and Rum.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
California Girl

Hey George! Been there, done that and couldn't find my van in the Los Angeles Forum parking lot after the ZZ Top/Aerosmith concert in the 70's! We had to wait for the parking lot to almost completely empty before we found it! LOL!

Ahhh.. those were the "good old daze". It's a good thing I got older & wiser! Now I just drink!
:lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED