Delta Frequent Flier Strategy Assistance

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Delta Frequent Flier Strategy Assistance

Post by flip-flop »

I am about to take the time to call delta and see what we can do about using the FF tickets I booked for the November trip that is being postponed, indefinitely ... but not forever!

Has anyone had FF tickets they needed to re-book or change recently? If so, willing to share your experience or strategy. I know calling delta is going to be the way to go on this, but I kind of want to know what to expect when I do call.
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

I believe a few years ago we did the same thing with AA and I believe it cost about 75.00. We did have to at the same give them new dates.

Memory is kind of foggy on this point, but it is what I kind of recall.
Heather

Post by Heather »

First of all how are you doing? I say a little prayer for you every day.
As for the ff miles, I've done this with USAir. It costs $75 (may have gone to $100) to cancel and redeposit the miles to your account. I believe though you can just change the dates at no charge for anytime the seats are offered within a calendar year from your original dates and same departure and arrival airport. Of course you can't plan now the exact new dates, but I'd just make some up and change again, and maybe again until it works for you.
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Looks like Delta is $50.00 to redeposit ff miles:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_miles ... /index.jsp

More: (scroll down for change/reissue and redeposit)

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_sky ... /index.jsp

Best wishes and take care!!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thank you guys! That is good news. Worst case $50 to redeposit until I can use is not such a bad scenerio.

I am doing well. We had an appt yesterday, basically things are the same & we'll have another procedure on Thursday. There is hope that with 2 or 3 times this will resolve itself. If not they are talking about a more invasive procedure at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (the best in the country) to place a shunt that would drain the fluid continuously.

The good news is the baby is active and seemingly healthy in every other way. We are just all concerned about the lung development. Keep up the good wishes and prayers and hopefully soon our family of 4 will be taking our first trip together to the island we love.