Trip Report

Travel discussion for St. John
Chris

Trip Report

Post by Chris »

This was our second trip to STJ and we stayed at the same villa as last time, La Sirena. Its out past Salt Pond. Very private, secluded. And I burned my butt again this year but not as bad as last.
We flew out of Philly on 10/7 and arrived at Cruz Bay around 5:30. Our Jeep was waiting for us at the dock.
Took a few minutes to refresh ourselves st the Beach Bar, then headed out to Lilly's for some provisions.
Got to the house, had drinks, swam, then conked out.
Got up sunday and started working on burning my butt. Then we went into Cruz Bay to fill out the paper work for the jeep, then over to the Beach Bar. It was hot and we needed to hydrate ourselves with Screwdrivers. Then over to Star Fish for additional supplies and then went back to the house. Wife did much better as co-pilot this year on the drives. Zanex seems to do the trick.
Watched the Eagles game, grilled steaks, had too much wine and crashed around 9PM.
Monday went to Lamsher (sp?). Not a soul there. Beautiful. Wife wouldn't snorkel because, "What if something happened?" (Note to self: Next time, Zanex not just for the drives) Still, we had a great time.
The rest of the week was pretty much the same except we did go out for a sail on a charter. Capt. Jason on the Cloud 9. We booked it thru the Westin lady at the info booth outside Island Spice. $55 per person for a three hour tour. But he didn't watch the clock and we got to see his girlfriend who happens to not care for bathing suits. Nice girl, beautiful eyes.
So, we did everything we wanted to do: ate, drank frequently (sometimes heavily), layed around alot, sunned ourselves, got silly,and remembered why we love each other so much.
Maybe next time we'll go see the sites, although that's what I said last year.
One last thing, we took the Charlotte Amallie (sp?) ferry back to STJ this time. Much better than dealing with that Red Hook mess.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

You burned your butt, and I just laughed mine off :D

Really nice report with a sweet ending. Thanks!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a great time.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you for the TR. Sounds like you had a very relaxing vacation!!
Coden
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Thanks for the trip report! You had me laughing with the burning butt stuff. I can relate--I still have a mark on my back from the 2004 trip, when John forgot to put sunscreen on the keyhole opening of the back of my suit.

Thanks for sharing, it really sounds like you had a great time. Too bad your wife wouldn't snorkel though! Next trip, right? :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jofus

Post by jofus »

Hey Chris,
Fantastic report! I hope you don't mind but I e-mailed you to ask some specific questions about LaSirena, I was there last year and will be again in a few months for a 2 week stay.

jofus