Just booked a second trip!

Travel discussion for St. John
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

Coden,

To answer your question: No, camping on St. John does NOT have to mean many stairs. Good News: You can camp at Cinnamon Bay & none of the options involves stairs!

Cinnamon's options include baresite camping (byo tent etc), sites that already have nice tents set up for you, or what they call 'cottages' which are really 2 concrete walls & 2 screen walls.

Having said this, I must admit, we've never camped on STJ--we're more of the villa or condo type--but should it ever come down to "camp" or "don't get to go to STJ," then I'll choose the Cinnamon Bay 'cottages.' Actually, personally, I believe some of the cottages have 1 of the best locations you can get on St. John. Just a few feet from 1 of the world's most beautiful beaches!!

Check them out--maybe it'll help you http://www.cinnamonbay.com/
RickG

Post by RickG »

We've stayed at Maho Bay Campground and enjoyed it. We've talked to folks that stay at both Maho Bay and Cinnamon Bay Camground. Cinnamon Bay seems to get more thumbs up due to the nicer beach. But, you gotta like camping!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

It's been a crazy few weeks!!!!!!!
One week after we booked our May trip, my husband's daughter, who is only 7 years younger than I am,(that's a whole other story in it's self ) got engaged. She has since decided that she wants to get married in the Islands, and then spend 5 days on the boat with us for their honeymoon.

Soooooo, our may trip is now from April 30 - May 14! It just keeps getting better and better!