Taxi Service

Travel discussion for St. John
Mark

Taxi Service

Post by Mark »

Tried to schedule East End Taxi to get to Red Hook but their response was "because of legal proceedure we have temporarly suspended our ground txn. service from the airport". I guess the non-sense is still on going.My qusetion is can you reserve a taxi ahead of time (if so links to services will be helpful)or do we just have to get one at time of arrival? If anyone can help I would appriciate the help.Thanks
Genral

Post by Genral »

Hey Mark - Sorry, but I don't have any info on scheduling taxis. Thought about it a number of times, but I guess I'm too lazy. We just walk outside the airport and take the first taxi in line. There's a whole bunch of 'em waiting outside, so no worries about getting one. Same thing on the return trip - get off the ferry and just outside the gate, there will be a half dozen waiting to bring you where ever you want to go - and best of all, no worries about whether or not the 'pre-paid/scheduled' taxi will be there. I'll admit, it's the easy way out, but I did say that I was lazy..... Have fun!
No matter where you go, there you are.
jofus

Post by jofus »

Try this one;
http://www.dynamictoursvi.com/

Freddie who owns and operates this company is great! I've used him for the past 3 yrs and the next trip will make 4 times. It's definately more expensive but worth it, at least my hubby and I feel it's worth it. $100 pp round trip. Nice private ride with no need to wait for other passengers to fill the vehicle. We also went with a private water taxi instead of the public ferry. Cant' stand the "herding cattle" feel of the public ferry.

jofus
Genral

Post by Genral »

Hey Jofus! $100 per person?? Wow - well now I can say that I'm lazy AND cheap! Just so I know how cheap, what's it cost for the private water taxi? Thanks, Genral
jofus

Private water taxi

Post by jofus »

Hey General,
Here's a link to the watertaxi site;
http://www.watertaxi-vi.com/
The rates are listed on the site.
For a 1-way trip from Red hook to the Nat.Park dock on STJ it's $20 pp with a 5 person min. If you don't have 5 people you can pay the $100 dollar fee. Thats what we have done, however I told the company if they have another couple that would like to share the ride and fee with us we'd be happy to have them but we're just as happy paying the whole fee for ourselves. We REALLY hate the whole public ferry scene, especialy my husband so it's worth it to us to avoid what we consider to be a great aggrivation at the start of our vacation.

jofus
Genral

Post by Genral »

Hi Jofus - Thanks for the link. I can well understand the idea of getting into the laid back mood as soon as you can. Time IS the most valuable commodity! Peace, Genral
jofus

Post by jofus »

No problem General,
We only vacation once a yr. so i makes the most of it