Portable GPS

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

I ended up getting a Garmin Nuvi 750 from GPSDiscount.com because they had the best price at the time and was also recommended by Bob & Anita. The Nuvi 750 had all the features I wanted and had a larger LCD (4.3" vs 3.5"). I didn't need Bluetooth.

I bought the GPS for my wife for Christmas becauses she drives a lot for business. Since she needed to drive out of state recently, I decided to give it to her right away. Well, she absolutely loves it and even used it to find a Dunkin Donuts near her customer. The Nuvi 750 is very easy to use and has a nice GUI. Of course her initial reaction was, "So this means I'm not getting a new car soon??" :lol:

Ron_L and MrB, my sis-in-law visited over Thanksgiving and she had a Blackberry with GPS. Good app and very handy as my bro and SIL used it while visiting friends in NJ.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I have the factory installed GPS on my car and it is the opposite of intuitive. Damn german cars. Hey, I sound like my husband. Hubby, who is chronically directionally challenged has the Garmin & LOVES It. I prefer his too.

My favorite feature is the estimated time of arrival. Though it can be frustrating sitting in traffic and seeing that time get further away.