silly silly Q but........

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
designbyroe

silly silly Q but........

Post by designbyroe »

I just bought a vaporizer and it does not say if it can be on a table or will it melt or stain wood?
Can I put a towel under it or is that not a good thing?
I have never used one and no one here in FL seems to know the answer.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

not sure if it is the same thing but we had a humidifer and it leaked but I didn't know it until it starting raining in my kitchen (humidfier was on the floor above)
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

this is a little one that could be on a side table.
you can put vicks in it but you can also just let the steamed water put moisture back in the air, that is why I need it............

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Rosi - it seems to me if it leaks and you have a towel under it, the towel would just get wet and still ruin the table. How about something like a dish that will collect any "leakage" yet keep the table dry?
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I am not trying to confuse anyone. It does not leak. I just am asking what type of surface can it rest on?
It has to be 4ft from my bed so it can not be my bedside table. I wanted to clear a place on my desk in my room.
Also I wanted to know if putting a towel under it would be a fire hazard?
So sorry to confuse people.

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I didn't think mine leaked either :)
Just saying if it has water in it consider possible leakage. Not sure about the rest! good luck.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I used to nanny frequently and everyone always kept them on a small dresser or table on the opposite side of the room from the child's crib or bed. Some put towels under them, some do not. When I use one in the bedroom, I put it on the floor, but still put a towel under it.

That's my experience and it always worked fine!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Cool idea on the floor..........thanks.
I just never used one and need something to help me breathe and someone recommended a vaporizer..........

Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

My mom always put a vaporizer in our room when we were little and had a cold. When a baby is teething and gets a stuff nose or when any of the kids are stuffy the vaporizer always seems to work. We haven't had kids yet, but I suppose, I too will use one in the nursery! I hope it helps!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Be sure to use a cool air vaporizer as opposed to a warm air one. The warm air versions breed germs and do more harm than good! Just some advice from a mom of one child with respiratory issues. Cool air is what our Dr suggested. They also leave dust, so if you have a problem with that, dont use one at all. Good luck.
Coden

Post by Coden »

disignbyroe - I use one all of the time, either for me or for my son, and I always put a bath towel underneath to catch any mist that may fall that way, just to be careful.

I hope you are better soon. :)
Coden
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Ksea wrote:Be sure to use a cool air vaporizer as opposed to a warm air one. The warm air versions breed germs and do more harm than good! Just some advice from a mom of one child with respiratory issues. Cool air is what our Dr suggested. They also leave dust, so if you have a problem with that, dont use one at all. Good luck.
How do you know if it is a cool air vaporizer?
It just says to pour water and a pinch of salt in and turn on.......

Ksea

Post by Ksea »

It will say it on the box. If you dont have the box, just feel the air/moisture mix that comes out...it should be cool to the touch!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I had to use one for my dog when he had pneumonia and we put in on the floor rather than on something in case it leaked.