Downtown ferry schedule still reduced.....

Travel discussion for St. John
Eric on St John

Downtown ferry schedule still reduced.....

Post by Eric on St John »

Just a reminder that the St john - Charlotte Amalie ferry is still on a reduced schedule until Oct 30

Most notably for arriving this meand no 4 pm from CA to STJ and those departing for those 4 pm flights no 1:15 from STJ to CA.

Now that things are picking up here this week we have encountered several guests (& a few locals) who eitehr did not know or forgot and suffered the consequences so I thought it was worth mentioning again.

Additionally, when it does run they run the smaller boat which can be faster if its calm. BUT the last few days have been rainy and rough and people & luggage have been getting drenched on that ride.
Eric on St John
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Do they run a reduced schedule in the spring, too? If so, when will that start?
Eric on St John

no they don't, they run a full schdule the rest of the year. Its usually just part of September and part of October. This year they did not start until the end of Sept.
Eric on St John
max2mc

Post by max2mc »

Hey Eric thanks for the info. Does it change back on October 30th or October 31st? We are arriving on October 30th, we get in at 2:30 but we have to go to the court house to get our marriage certificate so don't know how long all that will take.

Thanks.
Eric on St John

Don't know specifically. I'll ask around and let you know if i hear. I think they want to be running on OCt 31 for halloween but don't know if they start on Oct 30....
Eric on St John
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

We're due into STT at 2:50 pm on Nov. 9. Hope they don't extend the off season schedule since we want to do the 4:00 pm CA ferry to STJ.

Don't think we'd make the 4:00 pm Red Hook with the wait for luggage and then the drive..... plus we enjoy the trip by H20.