Anyone stayed at Coconut Hill or Tropical Treehouse?

Travel discussion for St. John
Amy

Anyone stayed at Coconut Hill or Tropical Treehouse?

Post by Amy »

Even though we really can't afford another trip so soon, we're dreaming of maybe going to STJ next April for spring break. We may go with good friends, and we don't want to spend a lot of money. I would be happy with Concordia Eco-tents again, but my friend would prefer a villa. Unfortunately, spring break falls during high season, and I haven't found many reasonable alternatives. Has anyone stayed at either of these villas near Coral Bay? They look pretty basic from the website (http://www.coralbayvilla.com), although Coconut Hill has a pool and looks like it might have more space. Our group would probably consist of 2 adults, 2 eleven-year olds, and one toddler.
polly

Post by polly »

Tropical Treehouse is VERY small- we loved it but it would be a bit cramped for more that 4 people. It is also 48 steps down from the road. Coconut Hill sits right above Tropical TReehouse and is nice- not a lot of frills but a good view, nice pool and a homey atmosphere. Also- not the steps! It is a climb up the hill to get to either so make sure you rent a car with some power!