Extreme Makeover Home Edition in the VI

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Extreme Makeover Home Edition in the VI

Post by StJohnRuth »

The crew of the TV show Extreme Makeover Home Edition has filmed several episodes in the Virgin Islands, with two more episodes to follow.
This show is about building a new home for a deserving family in need - in one week. The original house is demolished and the family is sent on a one-week vacation while a huge team involving Ty Pennington, designers, builders and volunteers does the tear-down and rebuild at home.
So far, two families have spent a week here on the catamaran Catnap.
http://www.catnapcharters.com
One family was here in September and I think that episode may be airing next Sunday night, October 29th.
The second family was just here this past week and if you were here, you know they didn't have the greatest week weather-wise, but I hear they loved it anyway. It was a very large family and they actually needed Catnap and another boat called Topcat.
This episode will probably air in January.
Most of the show will obviously be about the efforts of the team on the homefront, but you may see places and people you recognize from St. Thomas and St. John in the "vacation" segments.
I love this family show and am Extremely impressed with the concept, the execution and the crew members I've met.
Watch It!
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/ ... etime=true
-Ruth
Last edited by StJohnRuth on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Ruth! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! I'll be watching!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I'll be watching - can't miss my weekly cry!
janet
Steve S

Xtreme Home Makeovers

Post by Steve S »

There have been some interesting articles of late about the "Extreme" surprise a lot of these families get when the IRS hands them a bill for taxes on a new home + a non discounted trip for 6 to wherever. About how much does a crewed cat for a week run for?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

That's sort of the same story I heard after Oprah gave everyone in her audience a car. But from my viewpoint, I think these people are still getting a great deal. A new, custom-built house tailored exactly to a family's needs and a week on St. John for the price of the taxes is a bargain. Remember, there's really no such thing as a free lunch. IMHO I think anyone who would complain about having to pay those taxes is sort ungrateful, don't you?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
patr

Post by patr »

Don't be a tease Jorge. Do tell! :lol:

It's not nice to leave us all hanging like that!
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Wondering about your experience and am very curious...please share...you can pm or email me.
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!