Pre Trip Report....Did I forget anything?

Travel discussion for St. John
chris80736

Post by chris80736 »

Thanks to all who post here! Needless to say everyone offers great advice and opinions.

Well, this trip has been in the works for 4-5 years...a little background....the trip is to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary....I started planning a trip 4-5 years ago. Thought about Hawaii (Maui), I've been many times but was disappointed last time I was there and it is very expensive.

Anyway, about a year ago I decided on St John, I been to St. John once (2001) on a cruise. The ship stopped just off Cruz Bay and instead of doing the planned ship excursions we (friends and I) took our chances and rented a car for the day. Well to say we had a great time would be an understatement. We started at Francis, went to Cinnamon Bay and ended up at Truck Bay for several hours. Then went and explored the Westin.

Based on this 7-8 hour experience I booked my parents 50th celebration and can hardly wait!

This is what I've done....

Booked Villa Vistaero through Destination St John for a week (Nov. 3 - 10th). Also took advantage of their rental car service and have a Montero reserved with St John Car Rental. We all fly into Miami and spend the night before hopping onto an AA Flight to STT on Friday (Nov.3rd) morning.

I booked Dohm's Water Taxi service and Christopher Taxi to get us from the Airport to St John. I have Kitalady Catering supplying the Villa with provisions for the first night and first morning. Including several bottles of wine... :lol:

I plan to book ZoZo's for dinner when I get on the island, I've understand, that it being "off season¡¨ we shouldn't have problems with the reservation.

Also, planning on taking "Ocean Runners" at least one day to the BVI's.
So, did I forget anything....?

Thanks for everyone help!
CarolJLF

Post by CarolJLF »

Just don't forget to bring your passports if you plan on going over to the BVI!

A trip to St. John wouldn't be complete for us without a dinner at our favorite restaurant of all:
Rhumb Lines in Meada's Plaza Cruz Bay 340/ 776-0303. The food and live entertainment are GREAT!! If you decide to go, make sure you make reservations.
Carol
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

we were there from 10/2-10/12 and called for a reservation before heading to the beach in the morning for that same evening. No problems at all. But we were only 2, so if you have a larger group maybe all more lead time for a place you "really" want to go.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Since it is a special occasion for your parents, I would go ahead and call for your reservation at Zozo's now. I was surprised at how busy the restaurants were when we were there in June. We saw people being turned away at Zozos and Stone Terrace.

Here is their phone number: 340/693-9200
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.