Simple Feast - closed?

Travel discussion for St. John
patr

Simple Feast - closed?

Post by patr »

I noticed in S_Sypniewski's trip report it said Simple Feast was closed. Does anyone know if this a temporary closing?

We will be on St John in just 30 days and on previous trips did quite a bit of shopping there as well as breakfast.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

we drove by there every day on our way somewhere. and it was always closed. I thought it was a seasonal thing.
RonUSVI

Post by RonUSVI »

Thought I read on the door the time it was closed but did not save what it said to memory, but I know that the rest of Winston's empire was sold to the guy from The Balcony. It's probably closed for good?
RL 8)
mia

Post by mia »

We stopped at Simple Feast last month....the note on the door said something to the effect that it was closed for renovations and would be reopening soon.
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I'll be really bummed if this place is closed for good. They had some nice sandwiches. John loves their Santa Fe turkey.

In June I did notice that their dry goods stock was a lot lighter than previous trips.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
fbarnako

Simple Feast closed?

Post by fbarnako »

"Closed for renovations" is often a code for, "We're going outta business but we have to appear to still be in business to keep the landlord from suing us."

Simple Feast was great two years ago, or so ... then it changed hands.

And the Palm Plaza Center got sold, too, to some folks on St. Croix - who have had it for sale (http://www.cruzbayrealty.com/details.ht ... mber=06-51) for several months. The parcel is being pitched as "perfect" for condo development.

Frank
www.newsofstjohn.com
Frank Barnako
News of St. John
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Its a shame that the Simple Feast is now closed. It was our go to place for breakfast last year when we were staying at the Westin. Even if you go to the Mango Deli at the Westin and get two bagels with cream cheese, a small bottle of water and 2 coffees it will run you $13!

I would suggest grabbing some items from the Starfish Market and/or head over to Cruz Bay and have a great breakfast at the Texas Toast Cafe. Just be sure to check the expiration dates (if there are any) especially on the bread at the market. My sister wound up having a piece of cinnamon toast with mold on it (didn't realize it until halfway through). She then looked at the bread and the bag and she said the bottom was covered with mold! I told her its just like having a dose of penicillin! :lol: