Favorite Christmas music

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Patty

Post by Patty »

Peter Mayer - Stars and Promises Alive from his Stars and Promises Tour. He is one of the Coral Reefers for Buffett but it is NOT island music. We went to his concert last week and it was awesome. We love the album.
Jerseyboy

Re: Favorite Christmas music

Post by Jerseyboy »

jmq wrote:I'm a sucker for interesting originals or fun interpretations of classic Xmas music.
This morning I heard an interpretation of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by a band called Spiraling from New Brunswick, NJ (Home of Rutgers, The State University of NJ). This version uses the music of The Who's "Baby O'Riley" referred to some as "Teenage Wasteland". It actually sounds pretty cool.

It's on iTunes if you want to hear a sample of it.
Connie

Post by Connie »

I was in the car this morning and I don't know if this is considered a Christmas song. I heard this song quite awhile ago, but it slipped from my mind.

Angels Among Us by Alabama...I was balling my eyes out.

Also...sorry to everybody that doesn't like him, but for my ringtone I have
All I want for Christmas is a good tan by Kenny Chesney. Whenever my cell phone rings and somebody is around, they get a good laugh.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
jmq

Re: Favorite Christmas music

Post by jmq »

Jerseyboy wrote:This morning I heard an interpretation of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by a band called Spiraling from New Brunswick, NJ (Home of Rutgers, The State University of NJ). This version uses the music of The Who's "Baby O'Riley" referred to some as "Teenage Wasteland". It actually sounds pretty cool.
It's on iTunes if you want to hear a sample of it.
JB - thanks, I'll check that out. Back in the day we probably couldve seen them perform in one of the half dozen+ bars in NB that had live bands on a regular basis (The Melody, Court Tavern, etc.)
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide