Price Goes Way Up at Dream Catcher

Travel discussion for St. John
villa_owner

Re: Dream Catcher

Post by villa_owner »

snorkelqueen wrote:Thank you to all my forum friends for your support of my honesty. I really just thought I was asking a simple question regarding rate hikes - that said, as villa-owner suggested let's MOVE ON!
:roll:

Well - I agree with you - but actually, those were your words.
villa_owner

Post by villa_owner »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:
Jorge wrote:Oh Crap, I promised myself to lurkerism from now on because of some blasting I got from a favored person on here but here are my 2 cents. I see both sides of this story. In my opinion you have to be dim to own a rental villa on STJ. If you do the numbers with WAPA, taxes and the cost of supplies on STJ it just is not a good place to put your money. These villas take a beating day in and day out. I stayed at a dog villa last time in Peter Bay and I think the only thing I said was that it was tired and that I wouldn't stay there again. I think that is enough info to throw up a red flag and if someone needed more info they could just write a pm. I feel that a bad villa is like a bad restaurant. If you get bad service then just don't go back and let them hang themselves. These places go out of business all the time for "some" reason. So, let's stop spitting at each other and get on with some useful info, like Milf Bars with zip lines. Luvya all, so simma down.
Funny, I, too, made a vow to do more lurking and less posting. It wasn't prompted by a "blasting" as much as I knew that I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from being the blaster.

Bottom line: This is a travel forum. If someone has stayed at a villa and had a bad experience, this is the place to share it. I could give a ratsa$$ if the villa owner gets upset. Once you place your villa on the market to rent, you are in a business. If you suck at what you do, you don't deserve to stay in business.
That's a fine opinion you have there - hooray for you. But, aren't we all allowed to comment on what people post? Why should your opinion be any more valid than mine??? What if we were talking about who has the best painkiller or what ferry to take? I just get tired of the hypocrisy here.
villa_owner

Post by villa_owner »

GinaXOXO wrote:Snorkelqueen, I 100% appreciate that you gave an honest review. That is what I started coming here and to tripadvisor for. No one should be bullied because they gave a negative review if it was given honestly. You have been bullied and I find it offensive.

What I really have a problem with is owners who promote their villas without full disclosure of their interest in the villa.
I'm sorry, you call having an opposing thought being "bullied"?

I don't have an interest in Dream Catcher - i just don't understand why the OP cares about rate increases since they have made it clear now that they have no interest in renting the place, but yet feel the need to keep on posting about it.

(Frankly, that seems more like "bullying" to me. )
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

I totally agree about posting a negative and questioning the villa rates! A little jump in weekly rate is fine - understandable. But $700 a week seems way excessive. If the villa owners don't like us posting negative comments, then take them for what they are worth. See the message inside that comment and fix what needs to be done. As villa renters, we spend a lot of money for the property. To show up and find some things don't work or are in major disrepair is extremely frustrating and can quickly turn a vacation sour! Thanks to all the great property owners who see this and keep their villas in great shape for the consumer!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Well that was an interesying read. The forum was getting a little dull other than the great trip reports lately. I'm with Gorge lets move on and talk about something a little more light like the MILF BAR.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Villa Owner's
I'm sorry, you call having an opposing thought being "bullied"?

I know that it is very hard to tell a persons tone from the written word. Some of your choices of words made me feel that you were hostile. I looked at your posts again and I still feel the hostility jumps off the page.

If, in fact, you were calm and rational and only questioning why she would stay there again then you are right. In that case you are only giving your opinion. Then I was wrong and I apologize.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Well that was an interesying read. The forum was getting a little dull other than the great trip reports lately. I'm with Gorge lets move on and talk about something a little more light like the MILF BAR.

MEN!!!! :roll:
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

We're simple creatures but ya gotta love us :D :D :D
MIke

Post by MIke »

Villa Owner,

I noticed your post times and I hope this thread didn't keep you up fuming all night.Get some sleep and plan a trip to your villa.Sit on your deck sipping on your favorite beverage and laugh at all us poor forumites who have to RENT a villa.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Jorge wrote: I stayed at a dog villa last time in Peter Bay and I think the only thing I said was that it was tired and that I wouldn't stay there again. I think that is enough info to throw up a red flag and if someone needed more info they could just write a pm.
I can attest, it worked for me! (Jorge and Barbara gave me an objective overview of a certain villa we were considering) Our friends are still a little bitter about you helping me over-rule them, Jorge!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

MIke wrote:Villa Owner,

I noticed your post times and I hope this thread didn't keep you up fuming all night.Get some sleep and plan a trip to your villa.Sit on your deck sipping on your favorite beverage and laugh at all us poor forumites who have to RENT a villa.
Isn't that the sad truth! :(
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

For a moment I thought I was on a different forum.........lol
I think bottom line is with WAPA bills, property taxes all going up, rental rates will to.
As far as a villa owner raising rates by doing renovations that makes sense as well.
They are just doing renovations to stay in the rental market. Most home owners (jmho) do renovations and preventative maintenance on their homes, a villa owner is no differnt.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Connie

Post by Connie »

Design posted: As far as a villa owner raising rates by doing renovations that makes sense as well.

I think that all depends. If the Villa was in disrepair and had alot of things wrong with it because the villa owner OR the management company didn't keep up with things, I think that's their problem.

If the villa owner decides to say, put a pool in, or a jacuzzi which obviously puts that villa into another category, then I think that's fair.
jmho
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Jorge- that's the first time I've seen emoticon cleavage! Love it!!

villa owner- Bottom line, your first post as well as all your subsequent posts have been hostile. Your wording is hostile and you are extremely defensive.

I am also a constant lurker but had to chime in.

Can I reccomend a differnt VI forum that might better fit you?

And can we have the name of your villa? Due to your proactive bad attitude, I don't want to rent your property in the future becasue you obviously don't know how to deal with clients/customers if you cannot handle yourself on a public forum.

If I rented your villa and had questions about something subpar or something isn't working right, would you get angry at me for mentioning it while you deposit my check?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

This is the most interesting thing I've read on here for a while!
Glad to hear from you Jorge ... please stop your lurking!
Image[/url]