Perelandra?

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Perelandra?

Post by mbw1024 »

Anyone know where this villa is? I recall reading a review that said it was up the big hill on the way to the Westin. Well now I sort of know what that means! Just wondering if it is before the Westin or you pass the Westin.

Any personal experiences with this villa?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Are we planning a return trip to St. John, my dear? :wink:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

ALWAYS planning!
Just cancelled a cruise for 2007 because of family commitments so need something to fill the void :)
tjwgrr

Re: Perelandra?

Post by tjwgrr »

mary beth wrote:Anyone know where this villa is? I recall reading a review that said it was up the big hill on the way to the Westin. Well now I sort of know what that means! Just wondering if it is before the Westin or you pass the Westin.

Any personal experiences with this villa?
Stayed there May 2005. Wonderful villa- great views- had a great time! Close to Cruz Bay and yet still private. Perelandra is located up off of Serendip Rd. which is the road running north at the top of Jacob's Ladder (up the hill just past Pine Peace Mkt.) before the Westin entrance.

Perelandra was great as it was, but I understand some upgrades to the villa have happened since we were there. Very conscientious owners who care about their home- and it shows!

Surrounding area has changed since we were there in May '05 with the on-going construction of Sirenusa. Don't know how far along that project is.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Thanks, appreciate the info!

I don't know what Sirenusa is, I'm still a newbie :) Can anyone enlighten me? Does this make it an area to avoid you think?
patr

Post by patr »

Hi Mary Beth,

So, you are already planning a return trip?

We stayed at Perelandra last year. We rented directly from the owner on VRBO. It is close to town, has great sunsets and view of St Thomas and Pillsbury Sound. Not too big, but plenty for just two. Nice pool, lots of privacy. Carefree was the management company, Paco could not be any nicer or helpful.

Not as luxurious as Bongo Bongo - but also not as pricey. As a previous post stated, the owner really loves Perelandra and it shows. It is well cared for.

There was some construction on up the hill when we were there last year. But since we were out and about during daytime hours, we hardly noticed. It was quiet in the evenings.

I would definitely recommend it. It was booked for our week in December, or I would have booked it again.

If you would like any more info, feel free to PM me.

p.s. I see you changed your Avatar. I kinda liked the coffee grinder, but I love your shadow of the palm tree pic. (I don't think there's a grinder at Perelandra)
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

mary beth wrote:Thanks, appreciate the info!

I don't know what Sirenusa is, I'm still a newbie :) Can anyone enlighten me? Does this make it an area to avoid you think?
Sirenusa is that big condo complex that is being built on the hill above Starfish market. I think it is going to have about 60 units.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thanks for the info!

Patr, Well if there's no grinder this place is certainly off my list :lol: :lol: :wink:
I sent you a PM. Thanks!
St. John Lover

Perelandra

Post by St. John Lover »

Ooh, my heart sank when I saw the subject line. One of our favorite villas. Have stayed there a few times; sometimes just hubbie & me, sometimes with friends, other times with adult kids. Love it.

Heart sank because last time we could only stay there 5 of the 7 nights we needed since it was already booked, so hate to see too much written about it. Quite a popular villa. Ended up at Caneel for last 2 nights. That was obviously not a bad way to spend some time either :lol: but quite a bit more expensive.

Having spoken to the owner quite a bit, I'm sure she would be happy to add a grinder to Perelandra's kitchen supplies if that's what it takes :). Like most of the villa owners we've become acquainted with over the years of vacationing in St. John, they are very accomodating & really want you to enjoy their piece of paradise they themselves have fallen in love with.

Our last trip was in May & I was a bit concerned also about the construction in the area but really we had an absolutely wonderful time & were glad to feel like we "were home" again. Perelandra is very private--lots of really wonderful landscaping; you absolutely don't see anything other than awesome views, and no one sees you either :wink:

We personally weren't bothered by noise at all. We slept with the a/c on in the bedrooms so mornings were fine; we were gone to the beaches during the day; and at night it was quiet.

Enjoy. I'm jealous--wish I was there now.